Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

According to this diagram, the water spouted from the outside dogs is the same fresh water that goes to the outer rim for drinking. The inside dogs are spouting recirculated water. This makes sense since I’m sure people might try to drink from the outer dogs.

upload_2016-7-22_14-51-2-png.81955
So let me reiterate and use CAPS again to state categorically that the outside dogs DO NOT spout fresh water, it is recirculated. DO NOT drink it.

I see that the City has put 'rumble strips' (rather nice looking metal ones) around the Berczy dogs. May not be 100% protection against the skate-boarders but ....

I also heard that the art piece is coming in mid-October.

Nice to see non-intrusive solutions like those- not out of place considering the studs already on the fountain.

Does anyone know if the fountain is supposed to light up at sunset? Was there last night at dusk and it stayed dark. I know there are lights. Are they down or are they turned on later?

Does anyone know if the fountain is supposed to light up at sunset? Was there last night at dusk and it stayed dark. I know there are lights. Are they down or are they turned on later?
It has usually been on when I have walked past, lots of photos of it above too. Call 311 to report it?

The mosaic looks great from high up. I have sometimes rolled my eyes at landscape plans that look more interesting from a bird's eye view than on the ground. This park looks phenomenal on the ground, but the wonderful bird's eye view actually matters in this case as well. There are many tall buildings in the area. If the space looks great from above, the office workers and condo dwellers who see it from their buildings are more likely to visit.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here already, but apparently the mosaic pattern is based off a pattern they found in St. Lawrence Hall. I agree, it looks great from above and at ground level. I wasn't a fan of the fountain, and I still think its corny, and would have looked better if the dogs were bronze or something and not painted, but it's proven to be a hit regardless.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here already, but apparently the mosaic pattern is based off a pattern they found in St. Lawrence Hall. I agree, it looks great from above and at ground level. I wasn't a fan of the fountain, and I still think its corny, and would have looked better if the dogs were bronze or something and not painted, but it's proven to be a hit regardless.

The fountain is the best part about the park.

Back