News   May 02, 2024
 293     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 173     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 202     0 

Your most exotic experiences in Toronto?

E

ecsider

Sometimes, we're not given the time to try out all the things that occur in the city. And we all know that the media tend to report the latest hot spots/trends and other happenings months later, if not at all.

Have you tried something in the city that is truly unique and unheard of? It doesn't have to be a ground-breaking experience... just something that is out of the ordinary for you? I'm often amazed to find the variety of things that can be eaten, explored, enjoyed, viewed, etc. in Toronto...

I can start off first...

My first rave (1997).... @Industry..the atmosphere, the people, the music, all came together while we partied the night away until the early morning..Then we went to breakfast at Golden Griddle. Unfortunately the club closed down in 2000...Many memories...

Going to Korean Karoake in North York....a night of drunkeness and bad singing...Strangers were competing against each other in the lounge....our group trying to pick up some ladies from Britain...LOL

Checking out J.Lo near Yonge & St. Clair....She was shooting that god awful movie called Angel Eyes...But her presence (her butt ;) ) and beauty was larger than life

Attending a Chinese Kite Festival in North part of Scarborough (2001)...Drove by one day and saw literally thousands of people descend on Milliken Park. Dozens of colourful kites were flying in the blue sky...it looked like everyone in Scarborough showed up....everyone enjoyed a picture perfect day....

Turkey and Korean supporters in the summer of 2002 celebrating their World Cup teams on Bloor Street, literally shutting down all of it from Lansdowne to Bathurst.

It was absolutely incredible, and you ONLY get these types of celebrations in North America in Toronto.

If Canada makes to the next World Cup and does well, It will be an amazing sight.

Our city rocks!

tk1.jpg

tk2.jpg

tk3.jpg

tk4.jpg

tk5.jpg

tk6.jpg

tk7.jpg

tk8.jpg

tk9.jpg

tk10.jpg

tk11.jpg

tk12.jpg

tk13.jpg

tk14.jpg

Awesome pics, Jarrek! I didn't know the Turkey celebrations were so big.

It was a surreal experience. Everyone was friendly and both the Korean and Turkish were in unison because their teams were at the opposite ends during the semi finals, with Korea battling Germany and Turkey going up against Brazil.

At the time every Korean fan was telling their Turkish counterparts "see ya in the finals."

...probably a lez lapdance from cindy and bailey at Brass rail. But if you mean something more cultural then i would have to say a greek wedding i went to a couple of years ago. It lasted all day and half the night. Amazing food- I ate all kinds of things i can't pronounce and danced the night away with people I've never seen since. The greeks sure know how to plan a good time. Although I have to say that half a dozen shots of oozo goes a long way. I've also had some fun times at the Carnival- the polish pavillion was a favorite one year. i also had a great time at the New Zealandn pav as well- watching MAori dancers and downing wooley wonders. Toronto is great for this sort of thing.

Back