News   Jul 12, 2024
 815     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

Yonge Street Cement Pads

hardlyamathwhiz

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not too sure where this thread should go, so apologies if i chose wrong.

I was walking south on Yonge Street this afternoon (had brunch up at Alize in the Yonge and Eg area...yum) and noticed a series of rectangular cement pads along the east hand side of the street. There was a bunch of them from the St. Clair area all the way down to the Rosedale subway station, but there were none on the west side.

The pads were about two feet by five feet, and stick out of the ground maybe half a foot or so. Some had been "completed", with cement or brick laid back around. Others were still in the works and were roped off or had pylons sitting on top of them.

Does anyone know what these are for? Didn't have a camera with me so no pics to post of them unfortunately.

Math Whiz? hardly.

Not too sure where this thread should go, so apologies if i chose wrong.

I was walking south on Yonge Street this afternoon (had brunch up at Alize in the Yonge and Eg area...yum) and noticed a series of rectangular cement pads along the east hand side of the street. There was a bunch of them from the St. Clair area all the way down to the Rosedale subway station, but there were none on the west side.

The pads were about two feet by five feet, and stick out of the ground maybe half a foot or so. Some had been "completed", with cement or brick laid back around. Others were still in the works and were roped off or had pylons sitting on top of them.

Does anyone know what these are for? Didn't have a camera with me so no pics to post of them unfortunately.

Math Whiz? hardly.

They are installing metal planters all down Yonge from St. Clair to Rosedale. They have just completed the planter installation at Yonge & Birch directly north of the railway bridge at Sumerhill. There will be quite a number of them.

Back