News   Jul 16, 2024
 562     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 705     2 

Worst city streets with potholes, cracking concrete

rockpapersciss

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am noticing lots of potholes and sinking concrete on the roads. I know this is because of the harsh winter we've had, but it is pretty bad on some streets, no? How is it all going to get fixed? St Clair is HORRIBLE! But is has been for a long time. So is DuPont. I heard Mayor Miller even acknowledge it on tv.

St. Clair's state from Keele to Jane is indeed extremely rough as I've noted here and others have said, and has long been due for resurfacing. Smaller streets get reconstructed despite originally being in better shape than this arterial. Some of the side streets that meet that stretch were resurfaced, and within a year began to crack in the same places.

Parts of Dupont were resurfaced last summer. On a positive note, Annette is going to be resurfaced this year.

Oddly, just last week I noticed a TON more deep pot-holes. There's a giant one at the bottom of our parking ramp at work. My wee car and I are having to dart all over the road!

Bayview from Eglinton north to the 401 is deteriorating very badly and rapidly with each snowstorm and salting cycle, you really have to pay attention when driving along it. Davisville between Bayview and Mount Pleasant near my home is also seeing some bowling-ball sized potholes as well. I'm hoping this year they resurface that stretch as they did the segment between Mount Pleasant and Yonge a couple of years ago. And my nomination for the worst stretch of road in the area has to be Mount Pleasant from the old Moore Park Loop at St. Clair to the cemetery. Pretty much all the old streetcar trackage in the area is now becoming fully exposed to the elements due to the cracked asphalt, it's *really* bad.

There are also a couple of stretches of the 401 near UTSC that are truly dangerous, and I'm amazed no one's been killed there yet.

Front east of Jarvis is insane, as are all the main intersections along Adelaide east of Bay.

I'm amazed at the extent and size of Montreal's potholes.

pothole1.jpg

Back