News   Jul 12, 2024
 992     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 861     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 348     0 

Which projects are most likely to get cancelled?

Adam

Member Bio
Reaction score
Show of lists please... name your top 5 projects that never get past the holes that have been dug.

Well, eventually everything will be built in one form or the other. They just may have to wait til the credit crunch is over and/or the market heats up again. That said, I believe the following have been put on hold or scrapped in one form or the other based on what I've been hearing (yes, rumours), so in no way are all these confirmed:

- 1 Bloor (financing issues)
- Trump Tower (financing)
- Aura (financing)
- Minto King West (being altered)
- Liberty on the Park (financing)
- Shangri-La (financing)
- Concord Park Place (financing)

Thx Born

Fantastic list and color, thanks very much. Any confirmations on this list from anyone? Guessing Four Seasons gets done (but many units sold or re-sold at much lower psf prices)?

Before anyone can post anything in this thread, I think they should be required to fully disclose:

1) Who they are and how they are connected to the "biz"
2) Where they got their "rumour" from
3) Proof of such a "rumour"

Otherwise, this is a completely pointless orgy-of-the-newbies-who-think-everything-is-cancelled. I'm frankly getting sick of every single thread on this forum being hijacked by unsubstantiated "I heard it's cancelled" rumours.

When things are ACTUALLY cancelled, you will hear about it. The development "biz" isn't very good at keeping juicy secrets that are true.

Before anyone can post anything in this thread, I think they should be required to fully disclose:

Otherwise, this is a completely pointless orgy-of-the-newbies-who-think-everything-is-cancelled. I'm frankly getting sick of every single thread on this forum being hijacked by unsubstantiated "I heard it's cancelled" rumours.

When things are ACTUALLY cancelled, you will hear about it. The development "biz" isn't very good at keeping juicy secrets that are true.

1) ..... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Ha, ha. This is a very good thread. Vancouver's SSP has a highly successful "news and rumours" forum. UT is a forum, not the Globe and Mail. Rumours are fun, and keep me addicted to this site.:)

Based on SSP's Vancouver rumours section, it looks as is Concord Pacific is vastly scaling back project launches, and even perhaps cancelling buildings not out of the ground yet. If that's the case, then Concord's Toronto projects could be on the chopping block.

There's a difference between rumours of what might be coming, which are fun and exciting to follow, and constant and repetitive "I heard it's cancelled" posts that offer absolutely nothing of substance from new forumers with 1 or 2 posts.

1) ..... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Holy Crap! :D

That was awesome, I didn't want it to end! (Surely that is stolen from somewhere?)

299 Bloor is right about only posting what's confirmed. I just added a list to start chatter. The only confirmed one is Minto King West. The others are all hearsay from RE Agents.

Holy Crap! :D

That was awesome, I didn't want it to end! (Surely that is stolen from somewhere?)

it was a quote from an austin powers movie. doctor evil said it.

now on with the speculation...

i heard that the empire state building will be canceled due to the great depression. the world will also end in 1992.

the world will also end in 1992.

correction, 2012.

Minto King West is definitely on hold and another member who purchased at Queen West Village (or whatever the name of the project) was told by the sales rep that Curve was cancelled too.

Oh, I forgot my list of what I think may be cancelled b/c of sales and financing. Mind you these have not starting digging:

1. Parc by Lamb;
2. Flatiron by Lamb;
3. Giraffe by Tas;
4. East at corner of Parliament and King E (could be wrong name);
5. Kormann House.

Last edited:
the rumour is that dr. evil heard it from cabbage FIRST!!!!

my list:

1) abode: i heard the site is being leased for parking now.
2) kormann house: 50% sold opening weekend - yeah right

Long time reader, first time poster...

These sites are one of the only sources of anecdotal evidence for consumers... I'll disclose to you that I'm an interested buyer of a condo in Toronto. I'll also disclose to you that I've been lied to by developers and real estate agents regarding the status of several condos. Hey, look no further than TREB to see how these people lie and spin to sell. I don't mind being part of the "orgy-of-the-newbies" if I think I can glean any new info regarding an important investment decision. Btw, you want to see a tough crowd on a discussion board? Check out the 'talk' section of www.streeteasy.com. Those folks are vicious.... but the info is great if you can work your way through the brokers and bs.

cabbagetowner,

You made my day with that one!

cdr108,

Thank you very much.

Prometheus,

You're not far off! Many newer developments in NYC are being put on hold (check out www.streeteasy.com or http://ny.therealdeal.com/ for 'proof'...)

Urbandreamer,

Completely agree and thanks.

"cxled"?

Really?

If you're omitting vowels, why come through with the "e"?

I'd like to get to the bottom of this pressing issue.

Back