News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 394     0 

Where to buy wallpaper murals in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm moving to a condo in The MET this summer and I will be living in a fairly small bedroom. As a result, instead of just painting a feature wall, I want to open up the space with a tranquil wallpaper mural, like in this room at the Gladstone Hotel, depicting a natural scene.

gladstonehotelcanadiana.jpg

My question-- I know these can be ordered online but what stores in Toronto would be a good place to buy one in person? Additionally, who would be the best person to get to install this (as it will need to be specifically sized) and what should I expect the cost to be of said installation?

Thanks!

-Andrew

Last edited:
Anyone? Time is drawing nearer-- I need to start making some plans before I move on June 1st.

SP!RE, I wish I could help you out but I have no idea where one would get wallpaper murals. I love the idea as I've wanted to something similar when I move into my next place whenever that is. My idea was to have one wall depicted as an interior of a log cabin with a slightly frosted window with snow-capped mountains 'outside'. I didn't know they made wallpaper murals, I just assumed I would have to hire some artist to paint the wall, which wouldn't be cheap I expect.

I already actually found an amazing one online which is huge and only costs 55 dollars. It's a bamboo forest-- very tranquil for my tiny condo den.

I will look in paint/wallpaper stores too-- makes sense that they'd have a selection. My next issue is simply the installation.

Check Sears. They used to have a good selection of murals in their catalogue. They may still have them.

Wallpaper murals make me think of the 70s and red velvet furniture. Shudder. But hey, each to his own and if you like it, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Look at the image posted, or imagine a modern type of scene-- something very "east" / east asian in style. It's not going to be an impressionist painting or something tacky like that. Don't worry.

You could call up some printing places that does large signs. These places have a large format inkjet printer that prints on rolls, and they could print anything you want (it could be a photograph, drawing, custom graphic, etc.). The material and ink is suitable for outdoor use, so it should be plenty durable as interior wallpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back