News   May 31, 2024
 951     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.3K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

What would you give up to be thin?

Re: ice berg

This is unscientific observations certainly, but living downtown seems lets fat. When i go out to the suburbs, it's fatter, or seems fatter.
Although I think scientific studies have been done that have proven that. I seem to recall one here on UT about a year ago that someone posted.

There was an article to that effect in one of the papers a year or so ago. I remember because it featured the family who own the Jester on Yonge. They had moved from the burbs into the city, and found their were walking more and thus were healther.

On the flip side, I think the father had a heart attack or something recently, which probably disproves the thesis...

Ah, suburbia
shmoo.jpg

I would rather give up a year of my life than vote Conservative. I would rather have my Brad Lamb amputated than serve in the Harper cabinet

You have set high standards, but will the above keep one thin?

Durham region is definitely fatter than downtown Toronto. That's my own scientific observation. Pickering is the leanest while Oshawa is the fattest. It's true!

And I remember Detroit had the inenviable distinction of America's fattest city for a few years, before losing it to Houston or some other sunbelt city. (Fitting that SuperBowl XL was there) - Detroit is one of the, if not the most segregated city in the US, and suburban development is all the way out to 20, 30, heck, 40 Mile. (8 Mile, of course, being the border between Detroit and the northern suburbs).

you just scared me is all, shawn... I enjoy iceburg lettuce.

Must be all that radiation...

Is there a specific radius to the skinny/fat distribution? Maybe we should be worrying to great excess?

Does Detroit have similar distributions?

Maybe they are just better.

Back