News   May 31, 2024
 690     5 
News   May 31, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 927     0 

Waterside Exec Ctr (Pt Credit Post Office conversion, Centre City Capital, 3s, Adamson) COMPLETE

wait... that entire lakeshore road frontage will be a bank? I thought the indentations would have indicated multiple units. I guess CIBC bought it all up.

The problem with the post office was it took up a lot of lakeshore road frontage and did little to animate the street. CIBC will be no different.

addendum: this building is quite hideous from all angles. the only saving grace is the historical section of the post office that they kept, but even that looks like it is awkwardly tacked on.

wait... that entire lakeshore road frontage will be a bank? I thought the indentations would have indicated multiple units. I guess CIBC bought it all up.

The problem with the post office was it took up a lot of lakeshore road frontage and did little to animate the street. CIBC will be no different.
Yes CIBC has all the ground floor alone Lakeshore since the old building is schedule to be torn down in the next 6 months. Still got floors above it for other.

They did a nice job on the old post office that remains, but over all, not a nice looking complex.

Getting parking under the building cause issues with the looks of the building as well.

POSTA Italbar Cucina will have the rest of the ground floor which is large, with a nice patio for next summer use.

Currently a tender out for the demolition of the former CIBC branch (35 Lakeshore Rd E). Once that building comes down, work can finally commence on the realignment of the Lakeshore/Stavebank intersection. Been a long time coming! I suspect we won't see intersection work till the spring though.

Former Cibc location has been demolished. Photo taken yesterday, March 26th, 2018.
stavebank.jpg

Attachments

• stavebank.jpg
    stavebank.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 222
Didn't realize that building had a basement until I drove by today and saw the excavator below street level. Are there any plans posted indicating the intersection reconfiguration?

Back