293     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 401     0 

Wanted, fish for breakfast

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
On my travels to Germany, Israel, China, etc... I'm always pleasantly surprised with the buffet breakfasts in the hotels I've stayed at. Best of all was the selection of cold and warm seafood, including smoked salmon, various white fish, mussels, etc. Whenever I try to find such food for breakfast at restaurants in Toronto, I can never find them. With the exception of Hot House Cafe's and a few other higher-end places offering mussels, most breakfast places offer the usual mix of bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs and potatoes.

I'm getting sick of pork for breakfast. What do vegetarians eat for breakfast? Yes, vegetables of course, but what is a great protein-rich breakfast for vegetarians? Oh, and I hate tofu.

I'm getting sick of pork for breakfast. What do vegetarians eat for breakfast? Yes, vegetables of course, but what is a great protein-rich breakfast for vegetarians? Oh, and I hate tofu.

Hard cheese, soft cheese, eggs, porridge, peanut butter, perhaps other legumes, beans, or nuts.

How about fish and chips? Try Penrose on Mt. Pleasant, a bit south of Eglinton.

http://toronto.com/restaurants/listing/231237
Sorry, I want to skip spuds altogether for breakfast out, no more homefries, hashbrowns or wedge-cut fries for my b'fast.

...and where are the leafy greens for breakfast? Sure you can get a ton of high-sugar diabetic-coma inducing fruit on your plate at Coras, http://www.chezcora.com/a/02-au-menu/2-0-caroussel.htm but where are the veggies?

Eggs Florentine - like Eggs Benny 'cept with smoked salmon instead of bacon. Maggies has great Eggs Florentine.

Why not just get a rod & reel & a can of worms and go fishin' in the Keating Channel? On second thought...

United Bakers, in the plaza on the NW corner of Bathurst and Lawrence. If you liked the breakfasts in Israel (which are fantastic) you will find much to like there.

Back