1.2K     1 

Uptown & Crystal Blue

You pick 'em: (see post #24)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: for a minute I thought they had combined

"Pemberton is going to break ground for The Uptown in the Spring of 2007. "

we'll see

Bazis is also looking for a ground breaking for Crystal Blu early 2007 as well.

believeable considering the sales office has been boarded up in the last few days (maybe its cancelled ;) )

I have to say I'm a little surprised that Uptown is actually going through. For some reason I had always expected that it would be canceled and something else, sometime, would come along and replace it.

^ An advertorial in the condo guide suggesting a spring start doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

Crystal Blu on the other hand has had strong sales volumes.

Uptown versus Blu

Has anyone here bought a unit at the Uptown Residences or Blu? I am just curious how both compares in terms of what it has to offer. I noticed Blu is cheaper in terms of price points and also heard there are a huge number of units being sold to "flippers" relative to Uptown. I am surprised Uptown was able to bring up the % sold from around 45% last Dec 06 to 70% in Mar 07 :rolleyes: ...what a big jump. I wonder if what drove the sales up are actual outside buyers.

btw, what is the "average" price per sqt in this area these days?

I am hoping Pemberton Group does an excellent job in constructing this art deco style building as shown in their renderings since Toronto core needs more of these. I guess they went with precast concrete to help them (as one of the reasons) qualify for the LEED rating.

Space sure is a premium in core areas of the city..so you have to build upwards and higher.

It suddenly dawned on me where they got the name "crystal blu" from. The crystal from the ROM, the "blu" from Bloor and University (yeah i know it's not really U @bloor st.) I've got this thing for telling locals about various main intersections in toronto via my acronym for the area--ppl find it very confusing when for example, I tell my friends to meet me at Qspa. (Queen&Spadina.) I'm just too lazy to be bothered saying the full name!

Crystal Blu and Uptown: wonder who really wants to stare at those slabs surrounding them? ....Pulls blinds shut and withdraws into cyberspace....

btw, what is the "average" price per sqt in this area these days

There is a large variety - if you go east of Yonge to Casa, X or BSN you are looking in the low $400s, some of the resales on Bloor (Signatures etc) can also be in the 4s, down the street 77 Charles is going to be $800+, One St. Thomas opened in the high 600s and is now in the 800s, Four Season is going to try for $1,500, Two St. Thomas (Minto) should open in late may and will be similar to nearby luxury products. Uptown and Crystal Blu are in the mid and high 500s.

It's worth mentioning that there are 'official' threads for both Uptown and for Cyrstal Blu, so new specific info about each project should go in those threads. This thread is probably best for issues regarding how close together these two projects are. Blocked views. Shadows. All that.

Uptown

Crystal Blu

And truly, it's a promising field of research, this intersection between Art Deco Fraudesque and Kazakh Moderne. What shall we call it? Cruptal Blown? Crystown Blup?

Back