News   Jun 07, 2024
 1.8K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 3.8K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.7K     3 

Union Station, Skywalk, Infinity & Environs (DSL rec)

K

kpad

Union Station, Skywalk, Infinity & Environs (DSL rec)

I've been meaning to get some pictures of RBC Dexia and Telus the last few days, but I haven't managed to leave work before nightfall. So, without further ado, here are some nighttime pics from my walk home.

Union Station Work:
DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

Empty Union Station Stores:
DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

Skywalk:
DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

Porter Check-in Booth:
DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

Skywalk Work (PCL Maple Leaf Square Office):
DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

Infinity:
DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

Simcoe Street Work:
DSCN0115.jpg

Environs:
DSCN0114.jpg

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

Re: Union Station, Skywalk, Infinity & Environs (DSL rec

Nice nice pics. Not much seems to survive very long in the west end of the station and the skywalk has been vacant for years. I guess it's because commuters tend to use the basement amenities.

Nice pictures. The Skywalk looks eerie.

I remember when the Skywalk was filled with stores, mostly to do with sports collectables and clothing. The 1994 MLB strike and lacklustre attendance slowly saw them all vanish. Still, it's useful as a set for movies and commercials (of a terminal).

I wonder if the Skywalk will be made obsolete once the Simcoe underpass opens up, and the North side of Bremner develops.

Great to finally see Simcoe Street get underway

The Skywalk is supposed to be connected (and redesigned?) with the 20 York/151 Front/7 Station Street proposed tower, and it should be connected to the Intercontinental Hotel. I'd like to see it flourish eventually - it would be the next decade before that happens though...

impatient 42

Skywalk is so dead, such a shame, I wish they could do sumthin with it and livin it up once again.

Gr8 pix tho, wish my camera took gr8 night shots :)

Backhandedly, it's our classic "dead 80s urban mall" experience...

The last time I remember Skywalk with anything was a couple of independent fast food places run by Chinese immigrants.

Maybe Skywalk could be a good location for public artwork and/or free exhibits on things ranging from the history of pro sports in Toronto to the history of the railways in the city. The barrel vault glass roof could use a piece of artwork like the old Arc en Ciel from Yorkdale subway station.

Maybe Skywalk could be a good location for public artwork and/or free exhibits on things ranging from the history of pro sports in Toronto to the history of the railways in the city.
I was thinking advertising/display space for toronto's cultural institutions - the ROM, AGO, Science Centre, COC, the Zoo, Fort York, etc. A combination of video displays and artifacts and throw in a tourism centre.

Don't advertisers actually want somebody to see their advertisments?

I've seen people take interest in the archival images of the city depicting the rail lands etc that are located in the west end of Union. I think it would be great to extend that through the skywalk, even if it were just temporary.

Back