Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Some new info posted on Viva Next website:
Fact Sheet

Map:
YSE_mapOverview.jpg

Timeline:
projectTimeline.jpg

So, when do shovels get into the ground for DRL South?

I find it dumb the way they need to use both cross streets as station names. Why not just "Cummer"
' or "Langstaff"? A lot less unwieldy and those two streets are more recognized.

Last edited:
The timeline is ridiculous. Actual construction won't happen until 10 years from now. Given the experience of the Spadina extension that will easily take another 8 - 10 years. So it will be opened 2036 the earliest. The TTC Corporate Plan originally schedules to open it 2028 - 2032.
I read that the current phase (planning) will end in 2019.
Procurement is 3 more year so contractor awarded in 2022.
Construction is 7 years so opening in 2029.

Yes my mistake. But I will still believe when it opens.

I can guarantee eveyone that this will not open in 2029. If the relief line isnt scheduled to opened by then, there's no way this extention will be open by then. Even if the government doesnt interfere with this project, there still wouldnt be any chance on this planet that this extention would be open by then either.

2029 is gonna be lit!
I find it dumb the way they need to use both cross streets as station names. Why not just "Cummer"
' or "Langstaff"? A lot less unwieldy and those two streets are more recognized.

So help me god, if they have a naming competition, UT has to band together for "New Cummer" station to complement the Old Cummer GO station.

2029 is gonna be lit!

So help me god, if they have a naming competition, UT has to band together for "New Cummer" station to complement the Old Cummer GO station.

As we learned with TYSSE, station names can change up until the last minute, practically.
And "Yonge Cummer" works just as well as "New Cummer" if we're advocating for something a bit PG-13.

I hope they don't build any more commuter parking at RHC and instead move all parking from RHC to Langstaff to free RHC lands for new development. What are their plans for Finch commuter parking once Langstaff opens? I assume they retain it because there's no development potential under the hydro corridor.

As we learned with TYSSE, station names can change up until the last minute, practically.
And "Yonge Cummer" works just as well as "New Cummer" if we're advocating for something a bit PG-13.

And then it will fall into the history books like Come By Chance and Dildo NL.

I hope they don't build any more commuter parking at RHC and instead move all parking from RHC to Langstaff to free RHC lands for new development. What are their plans for Finch commuter parking once Langstaff opens? I assume they retain it because there's no development potential under the hydro corridor.

There's no parking planned for RHC. Maybe, as with VMC now, there will be some interim lots as things develop but aside from on-street, don't expect to see surface parking in RHC or Langstaff Gateway. The parking lot will be under the hydro corridor at the Langstaff/Longbridge site (much like the "VMC" parking is at the 407 station).

And, yeah, the hydro means there's probably not much they can do with the Finch lot. I'm sure those lots will still be decently used, if less than they are now. It'd be nice if they added some green space and linked together the hydro corridor bike trail properly. Should be able to do that and retain plenty of parking.

In the meantime, Vaughan's Twitter feed is going to get some people prematurely excited...
1545230234928.png

Last edited:
If Cummer gets a station does that mean the TTC bus will not need to go to Finch station. if the bus will need to continue to finch station even with a station then is cummer really needed? I only ask since we have recently built subways with stations not well used on both sheppard and the spadina extension. AS well I have a hard time seeing the NEED for this station but on the Scarborough extension flying past Lawrence. I say that as someone who never even originally backed the scarborough subway.

There's no parking planned for RHC. Maybe, as with VMC now, there will be some interim lots as things develop but aside from on-street, don't expect to see surface parking in RHC or Langstaff Gateway. The parking lot will be under the hydro corridor at the Langstaff/Longbridge site (much like the "VMC" parking is at the 407 station).

And, yeah, the hydro means there's probably not much they can do with the Finch lot. I'm sure those lots will still be decently used, if less than they are now. It'd be nice if they added some green space and linked together the hydro corridor bike trail properly. Should be able to do that and retain plenty of parking.

In the meantime, Vaughan's Twitter feed is going to get some people prematurely excited...
View attachment 168167
We better see an overhaul of the local bus system then. VIVA can't handle all that.

If Cummer gets a station does that mean the TTC bus will not need to go to Finch station. if the bus will need to continue to finch station even with a station then is cummer really needed? I only ask since we have recently built subways with stations not well used on both sheppard and the spadina extension. AS well I have a hard time seeing the NEED for this station but on the Scarborough extension flying past Lawrence. I say that as someone who never even originally backed the scarborough subway.

Are you meaning the Cummer bus? If yes, then the plan was for that bus to use the new Cummer Stn, not Finch. I believe Cummer was to get 2 routes, and 2 bus bays.

Depending on what length the total extension turns out to be, will vary the diversion from Finch. A ton of service was to be diverted to the new Steeles Stn;

Finch would be relieved of a substantial portion of the service that is now directed there.

Last edited:

Back