News   May 14, 2024
 250     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 343     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 412     0 

Tour o' Bloor - Part 2, Spadina to Dufferin

"I think they're done with putting in new branches...the policy seems to be expanding existing ones now. As a side note, TPL is the most heavily used system in NA."

So the issue is not number but size/quality of each branch? Well, either way i'm all for it. I hear Scarboro's Malvern revamp was a success.

"TPL is the most heavily used system in NA"

per capita wise I definitely would agree. I'm in TPLs browsing for books all the time and they always seem busy. The "heartening" thing to see is the wide range of age groups and cultural backgrounds of the patrons.

What a great eye! These shots are close to my heart because I live at Bloor and Shaw--a part of Bloor that utterly resists gentrification.

As for the pictures, well, the compositions are excellent--particularily the "Wellesian" depth of focus (the bike handlebars in the foreground, pedestrian in middle, storefront in bg.) The use of pairs is also effective, particularily the 2 hardhats smoking, and the pair of yackers on the payphones while Marge Gunnardson watches on, no doubt "feelin' just super" about the great photographs being taken in her midst.

Just super work!

(Off topic)

ecsider:

Here is an article on the TPL from the Star today, posted here.

AoD

"I think they're done with putting in new branches...the policy seems to be expanding existing ones now."

They really should add a branch at Scarborough Town Centre.

Back