Toronto VIA 123 (Phase 2) | 120.75m | 35s | Choice Properties | gh3

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a new app in the AIC. Its been there for a bit, but with no docs or description.

Today, the Docs went up.

29s building with 5 3-storey townhouses, 339 units.

Of note All Purpose-Built Rental

AIC link here: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=hxTK2apyN53DgK400iM6Yw==

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1630350711071.png

1630350738236.png

1630350762779.png

1630350779374.png

1630350805827.png

1630350825307.png

1630351085455.png

1630351157239.png

Weird. So this is going to take out the townhouses which were completed...4 years ago?

That does appear to be the case.

It is also taking away half of the park that was built 3 years ago.. Very odd.

I don't believe that space is considered to be park.

The City's park is on the other side of the driveway to the apartment.

Weird. So this is going to take out the townhouses which were completed...4 years ago?
So there's hope for recently completed townhouses to be redeveloped after all??

ELAD I welcome you to Eglinton West, come explore the area as your heart desires and redevelop the entire strip from Martin Grove to Wincott.

So there's hope for recently completed townhouses to be redeveloped after all??

ELAD I welcome you to Eglinton West, come explore the area as your heart desires and redevelop the entire strip from Martin Grove to Wincott.

Can we demo Mattamy's incredibly awful townhomes at Eglinton and Danforth while they're still being built? Cheaper than waiting!

Wow !! We don't have a blue green or black and white facade! Like the rustic orange 70s punctured windows look for this facade. Will stand out from all the others from a distance as seen in the photos up above.

Lot of townhouse hate in here. I would think townhouses add to the mix between condos and fully detached houses. The juxtaposition is getting pretty stark and maybe these townhouses themselves aren’t great but Toronto could add significant density through them if they wanted to.

Lot of townhouse hate in here. I would think townhouses add to the mix between condos and fully detached houses. The juxtaposition is getting pretty stark and maybe these townhouses themselves aren’t great but Toronto could add significant density through them if they wanted to.
I think it falls under the same umbrella of it somehow making sense in Toronto to demolish a fully functioning 12 storey apartment building to redevelop into a larger building, rather than redeveloping the single detached homes across the street.

This building will have a different address by the time it's built, as the tower at the back of the site (backing on Sheppard) currently is addressed to 123 Parkway Forest Dr. It looks to me as just the 5 closest townhomes to Parkway Forest are coming down, and the five further along the driveway towards the rental tower are staying. Here are some pics I took of the development in 2017 when it was finishing up;

dsc00177-jpg.125202

dsc01175-jpg.125203

dsc02174-jpg.125204

dsc03170-jpg.125205

So far there’s just been ‘hate’ for poorly-designed townhome communities (Mattamy) and townhomes along significant transit corridors (Eglinton).
With the above ground eglinton lrt I had no problem with the townhouses there. The planning of those townhouses were well before Ford (by the way who voted yes to townhouses) decided to make eglinton west basically a subway.

Looking at the photos I shot as phase 8 when this site was being built, a few things stood out to me as well for the area as I was fixing a few of them.

There was never a park or green space per say and it was weir that townhouse got built in place of taller buildings to me.

One has to go back to the OMB ruling as well the city and province guide lines to see what was allow for the whole area. Since this was one of the last areas to be built, density and number of residentials units were being max out, what you see id what could be built.

Since the approval stage as well construction phase, the government of the province has change to a pro development with higher density around transit stations and route.

The cost of removing those newly built townhouse as well the cost to built them will be recover by the increase of residentials units that will have a higher rental rate than the townhouses per square foot coverage.

This one of a few locations Elad still can max out like they wanted to do in the first place, but were forced not to under the OMB ruling.

In fact, the area south of the last phase can easy add a number of tall towers as well replacing some of the new low rise across the street from this site. The area to the south is not own by Elad that I know of.

Once the Ontario Line gets built to Sheppard, this area as well along the route will see more density than it does today.

29 story is in line with what been built to date.

If the colour comes out as per the rendering, it will be one of a few good looking buildings that stand out from the ho hum run of the mill colours. Townhouse don't have a place along heavy transit lines to justify building high order transit in the first place.

Back