Pickering Universal City Pickering | ?m | ?s | Chestnut Hill | Kirkor Architects

Status
Not open for further replies.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is essentially Pickerings version of the Paradgim condos in Burlington - it's right beside the GO station and represents some pretty serious TOD.

kirkpick.jpg

I agree that the rendering is a bit optimistic with regards to bayly lol, but I believe that the krosno creek runs west of this development so the rendering is somewhat correct that the area west will be left as parkland in between this development and the single story plaza.

What isn’t so accurate though is the grass and tree filled median on the 401. Or the forest in place of surface parking lots surrounding the Pickering Town Centre. LOL

Nonetheless, I’m excited to see the real thing be constructed — that height in this area is going to be “WOW”, until other developments start going up.

Wow I love the rendering, it’s rather impressive that Bayly has magically become a 6 lane road plus a beautiful grass median. I also love the park with all the trees just to the west of the buildings, that space is currently a single story plaza. 😂🤦🏼‍♂️😂
I happened to be reading the regional transportation plan and remembered these comments. The renderings weren't wrong. Bayly is proposed to be a 6/7 lane road by 2026! No clue about the trees tho.

Last edited:
Sorry, we've not been able to locate the documents. If anyone has something that was formerly on Pickering's site, or a link that we've somehow missed, please share it with us!

Their map portal is best I find. This project was, I believe, 5 separate applications.

While I can't see documents, it shows the 4 through 7 block phases (look in both residential and non). You can probably get something formal by emailing the developments.

Universal City Pickering: a mixed-use 7-tower condo, commercial & public space development designed by Kirkor Architects for Chestnut Hill Developments on the northwest corner of Bayly Street and Sandy Beach Road in Pickering.

Master site plan from Kirkor:

UC7 - January 10, 2022-001-027-22.jpg

This thread is just to tie together all the phases of the Universal City master plan, and is now locked.

Continuing updates on and discussion of each phase can be found in the threads below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back