Toronto The RIV | 113m | 34s | Broccolini | Arcadis

Demolition permits still not issued here.

Drain and Site Service is 'issuance pending'.

Shoring permit 'under review'

This one is the subject of a Member Motion at the urgent Council Meeting scheduled for next week.

This would seem to be another effort to get demotion permits in place.

From Instagram

Screenshot_20230904_193800_Instagram.jpg

The goal is to begin construction sometime next year, depending on how quickly units at The Riv sell. Construction is expected to take three-and-a-half years.

Maybe it's symptomatic of our 'topsy-turvy' world, but I seem to prefer the podium on this one more than the tower itself!

From Left Bank to Riv. I'm sure they toyed with the idea of renaming it Riv Gauche, but thought it would sound pretentious, or maybe because Gauche is more associated with clumsiness than left here.

From Left Bank to Riv. I'm sure they toyed with the idea of renaming it Riv Gauche, but thought it would sound pretentious, or maybe because Gauche is more associated with clumsiness than left here.
In hydrology, the side of a river is based on viewing along the flow rather than against the flow. The condo would thus actually be on the right bank of the Don River.

In hydrology, the side of a river is based on viewing along the flow rather than against the flow. The condo would thus actually be on the right bank of the Don River.
Yes, but Right Bank (Rive Droite) is for the bourgeoisie, Left Bank is for the bohemian intellectuals. Never mind geography, which has more marketing appeal? At least now it’s neutral 🙂 unless it’s for the riff raff …

Back