Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I've removed all of the recent posts regarding 'trophy points', and this one will be removed soon enough too as this is off-topic for this thread. What you guys see as trophy points, for whatever reason is implemented differently on my screens and only shows as 'points'. Same thing, different name, we don't use that functionality. Surely the 'Reaction Score' is good enough for keeping track of any 👍🏻 that you want to give other members. @The Preservationist, If you like someone's post, you can already say thank you by giving it a like or by choosing one of the other emojis available. Pick the love one if you're sufficiently impressed!

BTW, using the like emojis is better than leaving a post that says 'Thanks for the great photos' as there are lots of members who get alerts every time a thread is updated, and if the update is simply 'Thanks for the great photos', that's annoying for the people who get alerts. Please use the like button, or the other options available under it. That gives your recipient a nice bump to their score, and saves other members from seeing too many alerts. Thanks!

You should *Sticky* this meta!

615D4251-638C-440D-BE74-AE197D4309A4.jpeg
67F309B0-6B71-4F47-8231-947C1EC88094.jpeg
F43BFE04-B5F4-404D-8FE9-5ED4FCB0C6BD.jpeg
8B55F0B0-2514-4DB0-B48E-DAC099F907CB.jpeg
E0C5294C-592D-4A52-86C5-4ADE2AC80456.jpeg

The One are, predictable, asking for permission to continue to block streets. At least one of their neighbours is NOT happy and their complaints do seem reasonable. See: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2023/te/comm/communicationfile-165960.pdf
"Mappro recently finalized an agreement of purchase and sale, pursuant to which Mappro agreed to sell the Mappro Property to Reserve Suites Corporation"

Any thoughts on if 15-19 bloor street may become a future potential high rise condo?

The One are, predictable, asking for permission to continue to block streets. At least one of their neighbours is NOT happy and their complaints do seem reasonable. See: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2023/te/comm/communicationfile-165960.pdf
Outside of flying critical parts and materials in, I'm not sure how else they can get around this...to which The City gave them permission to build such tall and complicated tower on such a restrictive footing. To give credit to Mizrahi, they have been making efforts to build this as unobtrusively as possible to my understanding. But obviously it doesn't seem to be good enough...

...my only consolation here is that the requests for street blockage will hopefully stop when this building is completed. Though I doubt the complaintiff's patience will hold out to until such time. >.<

Last edited:
Any thoughts on if 15-19 bloor street may become a future potential high rise condo?

If so - it won't be a while.

The renovation will include extending the envelope of the building to match the renovated envelope of the Scotia Building. Mappro has already begun the building permit application process to renovate the Mappro Building. Mappro has spent a significant amount of time and money on a marketing program to secure the right long-term tenant for the Mappro Building. Mappro is close to finalizing a transaction with a high-end retailer who has not been seriously affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Mappro also has a potential tenant who is prepared to rent the Mappro Building on a short-term basis before the renovation of the Mappro Building begins.

There's a couple of building permits in too

Proposed small addition at the ground floor, new facades on north and west and interior alterations of commercial building.
Revision to previous permit [21 226513 BA] to add storage mezzanine.

Surely not............

Outside of flying critical parts and materials in, I'm not sure how else they can get around this...to which The City gave them permission to build such tall and complicated tower on such a restrictive footing. To give credit to Mizrahi, they have been making efforts to build this as unobtrusively as possible to my understanding. But obviously it doesn't seem to be good enough...

...my only consolation here is that the requests for street blockage will hopefully stop when this building is completed. Though I doubt the complaintiff's patience will hold out to until such time. >.<
Motion amended to give them to April 2024. SEE: https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2023.TE3.23

1 - Motion to Amend Item moved by Councillor Dianne Saxe (Carried)
That Recommendations 1 and 2 be amended by deleting the date "June 30, 2025" and inserting the date "April 1, 2024" so that they now read as follows:

1. City Council authorize for purposes of construction at 1 Bloor Street West the temporary closure to vehicular traffic of a five-metre-wide portion of the northbound curb lane and to pedestrian traffic on the east sidewalk on Balmuto Street, between a point 29 metres south of Bloor Street West and a point 12 metres further south, from April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024, inclusive.

2. City Council authorize for purposes of concrete pouring on at 1 Bloor Street West, the intermittent temporary closure to vehicular traffic of Balmuto Street, from the first public lane south of Bloor Street West to Bloor Street West, from April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024, inclusive.
Motion to Reconsider Item moved by Councillor Gord Perks (Carried)
That in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 27, Council Procedures, Toronto and East York Community Council reconsider Item TE3.23.

2 - Motion to Adopt Item as Amended moved by Councillor Dianne Saxe (Carried)
That Recommendation 14 be amended by deleting the date "June 30, 2025" and inserting the date "April 1, 2024" so that it now read as follows:

14. City Council authorize the General Manager, Transportation Services, to issue a Temporary Street Occupation permit to Mizrahi Development Group (The One) Inc. for the period of April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024, inclusive, for a portion of Balmuto Street, from a point 29 metres south of Bloor Street West and a point 12 metres further south, without Mizrahi Development Group (The One) Inc. having to comply with certain requirements of the City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 743, Streets and Sidewalks, as more generally described in the report from the Director, Traffic Management, Transportation Services (dated February 6, 2023) and, where the approval conflicts with Chapter 743, Streets and Sidewalks, Use of, the approval of the General Manager, Transportation Services shall prevail to the extent of the conflict.

Motion amended to give them to April 2024. SEE: https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2023.TE3.23

1 - Motion to Amend Item moved by Councillor Dianne Saxe (Carried)
That Recommendations 1 and 2 be amended by deleting the date "June 30, 2025" and inserting the date "April 1, 2024" so that they now read as follows:

1. City Council authorize for purposes of construction at 1 Bloor Street West the temporary closure to vehicular traffic of a five-metre-wide portion of the northbound curb lane and to pedestrian traffic on the east sidewalk on Balmuto Street, between a point 29 metres south of Bloor Street West and a point 12 metres further south, from April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024, inclusive.

2. City Council authorize for purposes of concrete pouring on at 1 Bloor Street West, the intermittent temporary closure to vehicular traffic of Balmuto Street, from the first public lane south of Bloor Street West to Bloor Street West, from April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024, inclusive.
Motion to Reconsider Item moved by Councillor Gord Perks (Carried)
That in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 27, Council Procedures, Toronto and East York Community Council reconsider Item TE3.23.

2 - Motion to Adopt Item as Amended moved by Councillor Dianne Saxe (Carried)
That Recommendation 14 be amended by deleting the date "June 30, 2025" and inserting the date "April 1, 2024" so that it now read as follows:

14. City Council authorize the General Manager, Transportation Services, to issue a Temporary Street Occupation permit to Mizrahi Development Group (The One) Inc. for the period of April 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024, inclusive, for a portion of Balmuto Street, from a point 29 metres south of Bloor Street West and a point 12 metres further south, without Mizrahi Development Group (The One) Inc. having to comply with certain requirements of the City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 743, Streets and Sidewalks, as more generally described in the report from the Director, Traffic Management, Transportation Services (dated February 6, 2023) and, where the approval conflicts with Chapter 743, Streets and Sidewalks, Use of, the approval of the General Manager, Transportation Services shall prevail to the extent of the conflict.
...welp..if I am reading that right, the said patience will least have to hold for a year and a bit.

Taken today, Friday. Including the latest "time-lapse" photo in my Flickr album, Oct 2020-Feb 2023:

UTIMG_7418.jpg
UTIMG_7359.jpg
UTaIMG_7366.jpg

From Mizrahi Developments LinkedIn feed:

Big things are in the works! We met with the amazing team from Artscape for a tour of the progress at The One, and to sign the papers on something exciting that we'll be announcing in the near future.'

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 10.07.04 PM.png

Back