Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I was wondering about this just the other day.
Do we know the status of that whole mess? Is fruit-co still likely to go in or have they pulled out absolutely, and it's just a matter of money and lawsuits?
I don't think we have any confirmation either way, but it's likely that there are lawyers behind the scenes negotiating some concessions related to the delays. Given this is a custom designed store, by the brand's chosen architect, in an extremely prominent location, it would be a surprise if they didn't end up opening the store here. There isn't really another equally strong location for a flagship store available, and they aren't going to redo the Eaton Centre store into a full-on flagship store when it's as new as it is.

Although if it does fall through, I'm sure it would make a great flagship A&W!

I'm surprised no one has somehow integrated global warming into the height of this building yet. "THIS BUILDING CAN'T BE TALLER!". Why? "BECAUSE GLOBAL WARMING!"

Anyway, can we all just get back on topic? I regret making my first post now. No one is going to agree with each other except those with the same views. This is why I hate politics, everyone is fixed to their ideologies, if when they're wrong.

I am just putting things in perspective. Tourists don't come to Toronto for history and nor does Toronto have ancient monoutments like Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. Toronto needs to make a statement and this building could have served as that statement. People can look at Burj Khalifa and identify that as Dubai, look at Empire State Building and identify that as New York. This could have been our 21st century symbol of Toronto. And besides, it is located on the most important intersection in Canada with two subway lines. Where else is appropriate to build a Super Tall Building. Unfortunately, the city planners dont have the vision to think big. These old goats need to be replaced ASAP.
Tourists would flock to Toronto to catch a glimpse of a condo?

Off topically and anecdotally: My folks went off to see Absolute World a decade and a bit ago while they where in that other city of Mississauga. Not sure they where as impressed when they got there, as my Dad got completely distracted by the amount of dog logs left behind by said residences' irresponsible dog owners. But the point is that as far as I am aware, they where the only ones I know of that went sight seeing a condo. So it's not as common thing, I gather. And for what that is worth.

I haven’t left for warmer climates quite yet, but soon.
Today’s update.
1A15F515-8903-4BF5-8CB7-FD9DB094D6E5.jpeg
E0DB3B92-C5E0-4AC4-BB5D-8B48128311BE.jpeg
67715082-D10A-4B65-8F27-6D086E92D266.jpeg
454E59F4-176D-4C22-AB88-E6508231B035.jpeg
4574B04B-ED27-4EE5-87DD-5155C6D81712.jpeg
668FC11C-F0BF-409B-9B2B-4E01539D4858.jpeg
7F97142F-2C3C-4A2E-BDC6-43E4762068A2.jpeg
BC4E6604-8466-4FC3-9890-45EF6AA21B7E.jpeg

maybe a dumb question but isnt upward pointing rebar supposed to be safety capped to prevent people tripping on it and becoming a shish kabob??

Come on man...

What we're saying is pretty simple.

Why do you think people are so fascinated with NY??? Because it's rife with low rise buildings and houses everywhere???

People love NY because of the energy that the city has being packed with sky scrapers, density, and multi-culturalism. It's not that hard to figure out.

Same reason why people love Chicago.

It's not just about a condo. It's about coming to a city that is fascinating due to it's architecture, vibrancy, and location relative to the US. Skylines are often a measuring stick of what cities in North America have to offer.

Last edited:
Come on man...just stop already.

What we're saying is pretty simple. For the most part, tourist go to cities for two reasons:

1) The history
2) The vibrancy and urbanism of it. We can't get the history, but we can make our city attractable like NY by having all kinds of cool sky scrapers and being the second fiddle to the concrete jungle that is NY..

Why do you think people are so fascinated with NY??? Because it's rife with low rise buildings and houses everywhere???

People love NY because of the energy that the city has being packed with sky scrapers, density, and multi-culturalism. It's not that hard to figure out.

Same reason why people love Chicago.

It's not just about a condo. It's about coming to a city that is fascinating due to it's architecture, vibrancy, and location relative to the US. Skylines are often a measuring stick of what cities in North America have to offer.
If you want tourists to come to Toronto to admire its architecture, you'd have to raze 90% of the glass boxes that went up in the last 20 years and replace them with more interesting buildings (regardless of height).

Back