Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I've finally made an account after watching this project everyday for the last few years, I also just recently moved to Toronto.

My career is focused on Structural Engineering. I've worked on high-rise projects in multiple cities, and done graduate-level courses and research. I'm enamored with this project. Every single angle and vantage point is fascinating - I'm almost happy that it's going so slow just so I can see all the details.

Thanks to everyone posting photos and updates, I look forward to contributing.

I've finally made an account after watching this project everyday for the last few years, I also just recently moved to Toronto.

My career is focused on Structural Engineering. I've worked on high-rise projects in multiple cities, and done graduate-level courses and research. I'm enamored with this project. Every single angle and vantage point is fascinating - I'm almost happy that it's going so slow just so I can see all the details.

Watching this construction from afar has been a pleasure. I worked in construction most of my life, so I'm familiar with holes, formwork and rebar. Overall, the construction sites I see on Urban Toronto are daily fascinating escapes .

F03FB0D9-B1BE-4DCF-BC4E-6D303F73B21C.jpeg

^ I can't even fathom this angle at 94 storeys (if it happens)... like a vanishing point into a blue sky. 😲

P.S. it occurred to me that we'd need more blue sky (wider lens 📷) to capture 94s.

Last edited:

Same. My degree is in Civil Engineering (although I work in another industry now), and this building is just like, the greatest thing to nerd out to. It's completely insane in the best way.

^ I can't even fathom this angle at 94 storeys (if it happens)... like a vanishing point into a blue sky. 😲

P.S. it occurred to me that we'd need more blue sky (wider lens 📷) to capture 94s.

I'll be ready when with my ultra wide 15-30mm lens 🙌

It's apparent that some here do not enjoy the construction of this building. And instead their geekdom lies within crawling through the legal dealings of its proprietors and posting their findings instead...

...I mean, not to say that's a bad thing of sorts. Rather it seems to have no bearing on the day to day activity in making this project a reality as we have seen. And I know I much rather see how this is being put together than...well, paperwork.

It's apparent that some here do not enjoy the construction of this building. And instead their geekdom lies within crawling through the legal dealings of its proprietors and posting their findings instead...

...I mean, not to say that's a bad thing of sorts. Rather it seems to have no bearing on the day to day activity in making this project a reality as we have seen. And I know I much rather see how this is being put together than...well, paperwork.
I’ve always found UT’s ‘Ignore’ feature to be highly effective.

Every now and then I peak at the ignored comments and without fail it’s something I didn’t care for.

I'm sorry, I disagree. Turning a blind eye to the financing because it has no bearing on the day to day activity is being very ignorant.

If a cartel from Mexico comes to Toronto and finances the best building in Toronto, are you okay with that? You'll just say you don't care how it's financed, let us enjoy the building?

Now before someone says I'm comparing this group to a Cartel, I'm not. I'm trying to make a point. The financing is JUST as important as the engineering and 100% does have bearing on the day to day activity.

I'm sorry, I disagree. Turning a blind eye to the financing because it has no bearing on the day to day activity is being very ignorant.

If a cartel from Mexico comes to Toronto and finances the best building in Toronto, are you okay with that? You'll just say you don't care how it's financed, let us enjoy the building?

Now before someone says I'm comparing this group to a Cartel, I'm not. I'm trying to make a point. The financing is JUST as important as the engineering and 100% does have bearing on the day to day activity.
But the point that most observers here keep making is that such discussions about financing and realty issues belong in the Real Estate thread and not in the construction thread.

Back