Toronto Six Points Plaza Redevelopment | 144.6m | 45s | Liberty Development | Arcadis

Not much in them, just parking plans. I want to figure out if the street lined by indoor amenity, yet depicted as vibrant retail in the renderings, is still the former. It's beyond frustrating this inept city can't fight for what's most important...

Not much in them, just parking plans. I want to figure out if the street lined by indoor amenity, yet depicted as vibrant retail in the renderings, is still the former. It's beyond frustrating this inept city can't fight for what's most important...
landscape plans have the ground floor plan on them, and show only amenity in the southern buildings. Two large-format retail spaces along BLoor St.

It does conflict with the site statistic however, which indicates a ~3,000sf non-res space in the southwest block. Not sure what is happening there.

This one is the subject of a Decision Report- Approval Recommended to the next meeting of EYCC:

Of note, an 'H' is planned for this:

View attachment 483535

The park has shrunk to 1900m2

@HousingNowTO will want to take note of the first part of the below:

View attachment 483536

One other interesting bit:

View attachment 483537
Not that i'm taking credit for this at all because there's only so much one can do;

But I tried as much as I could to push the previous city councillor on this proposal trying to emphasize how horrid the layout of this proposal is due to how it essentially walled itself away from both Kipling and Dundas, instead of opening up to the intersection since the area will see heavy pedestrian activity. I also noted the lack of retail spaces on the north end of the block with no retail on the through street being another concern. Additional concerns i noted was that the proposal was essentially closed off from the rest of the community and does not engage with the rest of the Etobicoke City Centre, how the plaza/parkland should act as a gathering spot but the proposal was virtually useless in this aspect, and how this site should serve as a gateway and anchor to Etobicoke which ties the area together.

I'm glad a lot of concerns I had (along with others i'm sure) have been put forward on the report.

Not that i'm taking credit for this at all because there's only so much one can do;

But I tried as much as I could to push the previous city councillor on this proposal trying to emphasize how horrid the layout of this proposal is due to how it essentially walled itself away from both Kipling and Dundas, instead of opening up to the intersection since the area will see heavy pedestrian activity. I also noted the lack of retail spaces on the north end of the block with no retail on the through street being another concern. Additional concerns i noted was that the proposal was essentially closed off from the rest of the community and does not engage with the rest of the Etobicoke City Centre, how the plaza/parkland should act as a gathering spot but the proposal was virtually useless in this aspect, and how this site should serve as a gateway and anchor to Etobicoke which ties the area together.

I'm glad a lot of concerns I had (along with others i'm sure) have been put forward on the report.

Curious as to how you made your views to the city councillor? Is there an accessible way for someone to make such comments?

I think the city would benefit greatly from feedback from many members in this forum as we're seeing the projects from a user perspective. The developers only care about the profit from a project and would do their best to maximize that while neglecting the myriad of issues that mire every project.

Curious as to how you made your views to the city councillor? Is there an accessible way for someone to make such comments?

I think the city would benefit greatly from feedback from many members in this forum as we're seeing the projects from a user perspective. The developers only care about the profit from a project and would do their best to maximize that while neglecting the myriad of issues that mire every project.

There is always a statutory community meeting which you can attend.

But additionally, you can email/phone your Councillor as well as the City Planner on the file.

The City Planner's Contact info is on the application which is generally linked in the first post of each thread.

Councillor's contact info is available on the City's website, or usually the Councillor has their own website as well.

Last edited:

@Northern Light pretty much summed it up, those are all great ways to let it your thoughts/concerns be known.

You will be surprise at the number of developers who want feed back on their projects regardless if it good or bad it is as well looking for ways to tweet it so it can sell a lot fasters. Yes they are out to make a buck, but they like to make it as fast as they can. Even architects and engineers are looking for feed back with a number who will have their heads in the sand.

There is nothing stopping this development having the same retail and more, other than the developer who is unwilling to have a 15 minute walkable area. Now the people who drive there will have an issue with the lack of parking compare today sea of spots.

As noted, you start with the city planner, then the ward councilor on any issues you may have for the project. Put it writing either by email or the snail way to everyone. Attend the various meetings that is required on all project to the point some councilors will have more than one meeting to having a working group for it depending on the project.

""DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST"" why you may not support the project in the first place other than the standard: to much traffic; too tall; lack of sunlight; too much density that shows up at each development right across the GTA. People have to realize density and tall buildings are the future as there is no room for single homes these days as well meet the growth requirements. Reducing parking requirements is a must to the point there is no parking at all. This is a city for people, not cars. It also help to keep your taxes lower by having more people sharing the same cost than only a few. Need to push 15-20% 3 bedroom units than the current 5-10% as well reducing the number single units.

You need to do a walkabout/drive a haft a mile around the area to see what is there in the first place that may have an impact on your needs. Need to be done at various times of the day and weekend as traffic is very different for those timeframe.

I worked in an office above the retail base there that forced me to buy a car in the first place as it took me too long using transit to get to/from it when I live at Dufferin and Eglinton.

Depending on the councilor, you maybe able to sit down with them regarding your issues. Always offer a solution to your issue, but be prepared to have it shot down.

There is an improvement to the public realm but it's still pretty disappointing that they're getting rid of a lively plaza that's a hub of the community plus a daycare on another lot and in return the community gets two stores oriented away from the subway.

This is based on assumptions...but with Shoppers as a tenant in the plaza now, I suspect they will set up shop somewhere in this development. Loblaws Inc. knows how to make money and this Shoppers is always busy, everyday, all day. I wouldn't be surprised if they even open a Joe Fresh location here. I'm seeing this development become what WestBlock is at Bathurst and Lake Shore...

This is based on assumptions...but with Shoppers as a tenant in the plaza now, I suspect they will set up shop somewhere in this development. Loblaws Inc. knows how to make money and this Shoppers is always busy, everyday, all day. I wouldn't be surprised if they even open a Joe Fresh location here. I'm seeing this development become what WestBlock is at Bathurst and Lake Shore...
This development wont come close to mirroring anything like West Block (the retail portion) unfortunately so dont expect anything grand here. I suspect the Shoppers, wherever it relocates to, will be your standard Shoppers similar to the one on site today.

Back