Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

They are there so one face of the wall form can open for any work that needs to be done, now all the sheer walls will be "self climbing" so the crane no longer needs to be used to put in place/taken out.

Not sure if it's true but this forming company is the first in Canada to use this system.

Also weather permitting, the crane climber installation is also planned for this weekend.
Any ideas on what the name of the system is

Agreed unless you are Concord Sky missing Supertall status by 1m :p
Concord sky is a supertall. It just isn't at the arbitrary location chosen for the bylaw amendment that happens to have the highest geodetic ground height. It's stubbornness and very Torontonian to deny oneself a third supertall over a technicality.

Concord sky is a supertall. It just isn't at the arbitrary location chosen for the bylaw amendment that happens to have the highest geodetic ground height. It's stubbornness and very Torontonian to deny oneself a third supertall over a technicality.

CTBUH measures height from the lowest public entrance to the tallest point: they give it a measurement of 300.2m.

For comparing heights to buildings in other cities this is the most consistent measurement provided.

Highly doubtful The one is currently averaging one floor per week. The transfer slab on this project took 12 weeks and we have got another four floors since then. I can see it passing the super tall Mark before the one tops out but not topping out before

I wouldn’t be shocked if this tops out before The One.
This building has a lot more floors than The One. And seem to be using a lot more reinforcement on the concrete...so I am going to wager a no on that.

..besides, The One is going up like gangbusters right now. It may slow up on the mechanicals, but I doubt that will be enough.

Last edited:
Today from the go train
20240218_155129.jpg

First Canadian Place losing the title as Canada's tallest is happening sooner than I thought
and it could be knocked all the way down to 4th due to this, The One, Forma and Concord's Giant Clunk Monster Wedge thing

This one so far looks like its going to be a Sleek modern Super-tall worthy of Canada's Tallest

One of the buildings of Sugar Wharf Phase 2 will be 299 so that will also bump FCP down to about 5th or 6th. FCP is listed at 298m on here, so going by that and heights listed of these buildings it would be 6th. SW 2 should be listed as "under construction" in the next few weeks and the demo of the LCBO is complete.

Last edited:
The height of FCP includes that pretty substantial "needle" on top, right? Do any of these other ~300m buildings include significant toppers that aren't actually part of the building?

The height of FCP includes that pretty substantial "needle" on top, right? Do any of these other ~300m buildings include significant toppers that aren't actually part of the building?
I don’t think the spire on FCP is part of the listed height. If you were measuring to the top of the spire it’s 355m

Last edited:

Back