Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Here are a few shots taken from the Gardiner yesterday, Monday (Nov. 13).

YYIMG_1604.jpg
YYIMG_1609.jpg

Did the supplier change from phase 1? I was told it was to be high performance windowwall, but that was probably a year ago

I like despite this becoming a very tall building, that the podium is not overly obtrusive, ie nice setbacks. True much of the amenities were built into the first phase of the project, nice to see here a bit of counter balance with the height at the base.

Did the supplier change from phase 1? I was told it was to be high performance windowwall, but that was probably a year ago
I shouldn't have said yes, as I honestly don't know for certain, but how would they do large portions of this without curtain wall? Particularly the top 100m or so where it is sheer glass with no balconies?

EDIT: I think I was wrong. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. :(

Last edited:
That is the same with phase 1, no?

The vertical profiled metal and glass sections are curtainwall but behind the guardrails of the balconies is window wall which generally looks quite nice.

I have a funny feeling Sky Tower's facade will look quite a bit darker than phase 1 given the large expanses of glazing, but we will have to wait and see...

Huh, that rounded street corner is going to be significantly squared off too.

IIRC, it's a very long bridge heading directly north from the middle of One Yonge but I've never figured out where it connects to CIBC Square. Hopefully it doesn't head through the upper GO bus waiting area.

Edit:

1-1.png

I went digging through old PATH master plans. This predates the One Yonge proposal, but it appears that North pedestrian bridge from One Yonge will head up to the railway corridor, then turn west to connect to east/west CIBC Square corridor.

pathexpansion.png

So probably something like this:
path-map.jpg

Last edited:

Back