Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

OT, but you are looking at ~ 1m or more for some of the tall towers which would make one wonder if it would be more cost effective for those large developers/builders to buy these machines than leasing them.
Cranes (if not owned by a crane rental company) are generally property of the forming trade who will use it most over the course of construction. Unless a given developer is pouring their own forms, it wouldn't make sense for them to own the machinery. Developers who have internalized construction are CMs (construction managers), not labour or trades which still get tendered out on any given job.

Cranes (if not owned by a crane rental company) are generally property of the forming trade who will use it most over the course of construction. Unless a given developer is pouring their own forms, it wouldn't make sense for them to own the machinery. Developers who have internalized construction are CMs (construction managers), not labour or trades which still get tendered out on any given job.
Interesting. If a crane is owned by one trade and given that it would be used for all the heavy lifting during construction, it should lead to some complicated scheduling/accounting and chargebacks.

It also looks like the west crane might eventually be relocated (or replaced) on what appears to be a new footing that you can see in one of my earlier pictures. Interesting that it's an elevated base!

1688493974292.png

Interesting. If a crane is owned by one trade and given that it would be used for all the heavy lifting during construction, it should lead to some complicated scheduling/accounting and chargebacks.

It's scheduled between the trade foreman's and usually it's favour for a favour, unless it's after hours than there's a charge.

It also looks like the west crane might eventually be relocated (or replaced) on what appears to be a new footing that you can see in one of my earlier pictures. Interesting that it's an elevated base!

View attachment 489813

It's so delivery trucks can drive under the crane eventually.

Looking at this photo I cannot see anything different here that would indicate super tall (100s+) tower constructed. Isn;t really there anything extra needed to be done to account for the height than any other regular Toronto 50-70 story tower?
I know. I don’t know anything about structures but Sugar Wharf seemed beefier compared to the first two towers at this site. The only think I can see different is the vertical tensions cables. Hard to tell how thick the concrete is from my armchair 300m away. Not as interesting as One Bloor W but still fun to watch going up.

I can actually see us starting to get phase 3 underway now has it looks like the lot was used for staging for the crane so may not have been able to be excavated until that crane was down. Here's hoping we get another hole soon

What Phase 3 already
If that's true this build-out will be faster than I expected
I was thinking 2024 maybe even 2025 for phase 3

Back