Toronto KESKUS Estonian Cultural Centre | 17.07m | 3s | Kongats

Taken this morning, a lot has changed since the site was last pictured here.
DSC04105.jpg
DSC04108.jpg
DSC04109.jpg
DSC04110.jpg
DSC04113.jpg

...as I last indicated, the hole poking is still commencing. <3

KESKUS construction update for December 2022​
Deep foundation work is all done! As we await concrete curing and testing to be complete, above is a 2-min video overview of the 3 kinds of structural supports that have been constructed on the project site. Once testing is completed we'll be able to start with removing the engineered pad over the subway tunnels and proceed with excavation. 2023 is gearing up to be pretty exciting for the KESKUS project!​

Just on the side, they've been using a considerably smaller shoring device than the one pict'd above for awhile now. I presume because they didn't want to bore holes too deep because of the said subway structure beneath.

Yeah, I was going to photo those trenches being dug out from underneath the foundation of the elder building. Does anyone know what they are for?

Update: There was some function held on top of the partially exposed subway line entombment for this site this evening. No pics, because some folks attending had kids in tow. The salad smorgasbord looked nice though...

Update: As mentioned above, things have been fairly quiet of late...or least in comparison to their Cielo neighbours to the East. This is not to say the site is dead...there is some light perimeter work afoot here. But it does seem that they might be waiting on what their said neighbours will do next...as they are both building over Line 2 next to each other. But I am speculating as to what is going on here...

Back