News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 515     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Hold on a second here.

The issues with Ottawa stem from the trucks and the ways that they interface with their track geometry, especially at the speeds asked of them.

There is absolutely, positively, NO indication as yet that either Finch West or Hurontario will share those same issues, seeing as how those lines are predominantly straight, and will operate at far lower speeds.

Dan
I know for a fact that Mississauga cars will have all the issues fix that Ottawa cars have before they arrive. The first car was to arrive by year end, but no OS in place at the complex and the test line will not be completed until Q2 2024 at this time. Expect to see the delivery delay since the line will not open as plan by 6-12 months

I have yet to see a Finch car in testing and the track system is different from Crosstown and Mississauga.

ML has concerns what taking place in Ottawa for their cars regardless of speed and they will want the same changes as Ottawa cars to their cars. Both ML and the contractor have stated what every issues Ottawa cars have will be fix before been delivery for Mississauga.

I hope Calgary's new 48 km Green Line LRT which will also use low-floor trains doesn't have the same problems. I don't think they will as Calgary has a habit of doing things right the first time and often ahead of schedule and on budget. Calgary transit doesn't get the respect that its due and it has, for its relative size, the best transit system in the country. Toronto doesn't need more transit consultants, what they need is someone from Calgary to show them how to build effective LRT.

186262934.jpg

I feel so sorry for them

Verster needs to resign after this. He has completely thrown the entire project in disarray and is hiding it with politically correct status updates
Verster has issues, but doesn't a lot of this come from the fact that a P3 means metrolinx's hands are pretty tied on what they can do and say legally?

Seems like the contract split on newer projects try and address this by keeping contracts small enough that they could threaten to cancel and re-contract. That wasn't an option with this project, as any threats would basically mean crosslinx can bankrupt themselves and walk away, leaving everything incomplete.

Verster has issues, but doesn't a lot of this come from the fact that a P3 means metrolinx's hands are pretty tied on what they can do and say legally?

Seems like the contract split on newer projects try and address this by keeping contracts small enough that they could threaten to cancel and re-contract. That wasn't an option with this project, as any threats would basically mean crosslinx can bankrupt themselves and walk away, leaving everything incomplete.
Not when he publicly wars against CTS which essentially pits everyone against each other. There's no incentive to push for the finish when it's being held under the gun of litigation.

ML is as guilty as CTS for the shortcomings and they should've been standing shoulder to shoulder instead of publicly shaming them in 2020. That poisoned the well

• Commits that ECT will open "flawlessly" (EDIT: journalist asked whether Verster would stake his reputation upon it, Verster responds affirmatively)

If TTC is doing several months of full-service equivalent testing prior to a public opening then this is probably true. TTC projects might be late but day 1 service on TTC RT projects is usually pretty close to what is anticipated.

If TTC standard QA processes are prevented then my faith in that statement approaches zero.

Last edited:

Back