News   Mar 28, 2024
 430     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 302     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 323     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

We all know ML is like a teenage girl changing clothes. They could never get their initial requirements correct and asks for many changes. I mean how many times they try to change the contact? Big ones get pressed all over the news like reducing the number of LRVs to 76.

We don’t know who decides to try to make this work without asking for the TTC requirements.

Lol April/May 2025 is the new opening date? You guys don't think sooner?
It’ll be 2025. Maybe Jan-Feb. We may see partial operation beforehand, but the entire project from Mount Dennis to Kennedy including final touches to stations/stops. etc. with final contract signoffs and handovers will be 2025.

Has any other LRT transit line under 20 km in length taken so long?

Feeling like it'll be early 2025 as well. Finch West, Hurontario and maybe one GO RER line will all most likely be completed by then and opened before Eglinton which is embarrassing for the crosstown to say the least.

Feeling like it'll be early 2025 as well. Finch West, Hurontario and maybe one GO RER line will all most likely be completed by then and opened before Eglinton which is embarrassing for the crosstown to say the least.
Ok, I think that's pushing it...

Ok, I think that's pushing it...

Yep. Union South Concourse isn't scheduled to be complete until late 2025, and that contract doesn't include GO Expansion upgrades like electrification.

That new platform, however, will almost certainly have the first electrified service at Union station. So it's 2026 at the earliest for Union Station to have a platform ready, and that depends on maintenance facility adjustments (or new structures?) , locomotive deliveries, and potentially a new signalling system which I can't even speculate a timeline for (it's risky enough Verster said he was discouraging them from even trying that piece in an interview a few months ago).

Last edited:
This makes me hope that they have a plan to run trains in the underground sections only if something were to occur like this. Does anyone know if they’re making turnback tracks on Finch and Hurontario as well?

The driver of this car must be on a whole other level of stupid. It doesnt even look like this was at an intersection.
Per a poster on Reddit apparently the driver was trying to make a u-turn. Take that with a grain of salt, since it’s a random poster, and who knows if it’s true or not - but it passes the smell test.

Back