Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

It sad to see most of the proposed major office towers taken off this building map in the downtown core in the photo up above. And put into the stale proposal mode on Skyscraperpage's illustration page etc. I wonder if they'll come back as a mix use form of building at the same hieght or more!

It sad to see most of the proposed major office towers taken off this building map in the downtown core in the photo up above. And put into the stale proposal mode on Skyscraperpage's illustration page etc. I wonder if they'll come back as a mix use form of building at the same hieght or more!

Well the thing I don't understand, is there other big cities that are still putting up office towers so why has Toronto come to such a halt? Other then the obvious people working from home.

Supply has increased, demand has softened partially for the reason you have mentioned C-mac, plus we are flirting with a recession. I don't think there are many other cities in North America putting up large office towers such as CIBC2, so I think we can count ourselves lucky for 3 major 200m plus towers in this latest expansion. For some of us older folks we've been through this cycle a few times. There will be a lull for a few years, then as the population and work force of the city grows, new demand will create new opportunities. I suspect near the end of the decade we'll start hearing about new updated proposals on these known sites.

Last edited:
...and it's not as a popular of a snap shot destination since the new developers have taken over this. Although, I suspect it's soon to be looming height will cause more attention this way, for good or bad.

[This site is still very much at the ground level. As a result, pictures are very lackluster and people don't really stop grab pictures as often on this site
That seems odd because these two cranes did not go up for several months or more. Now the crane operators could have the difficult in navigating above the ground level. I think that they are in a poor management. Do you think so?

That seems odd because these two cranes did not go up for several months or more. Now the crane operators could have the difficult in navigating above the ground level. I think that they are in a poor management. Do you think so?
If you look at some of the most recent pictures, the ground floor slab appears to have quite a few grade beams and thickness changes. This could make tying take a lot longer also reason for the delay in the cranes being set up was very much due to a change in developers to Concord

As seen from NPS:

Toronto Model 01-27-24 Concord Sky.png

Centrecourt continues to blow me away with the speed they throw up buildings. They do it in half the time of other builders, I swear.

You should do a survey study of projects, a sample size of 1-2 each for 3 other developers, and 3 Centrecourt projects and report back on time per storey. I know you have more free time than you know what to do with, and I'm here to help! :)

On a more constructive note, pun intended, In my estimation the typical Centrecourt site actually runs up to 50% more hours than many projects weekly; that alone would account for a lot of the difference. But they also seem to use alot of the same teams on every project which can help with a well oiled machine too.

Back