Mississauga Brightwater | ?m | 35s | Kilmer | Giannone Petricone

The Region of Peel is working with FRAM Building Group to design and build an affordable housing project in the newly created waterfront community Brightwater, located in Port Credit, Mississauga.
It would be nice if all housing were "affordable". Unbelievable what prices are these days. Especially at the rest of the Brightwater site. How do people afford this.

They have what appears to be an updated aerial rendering view of the overall future community, with several of the released phases visible:

brigh.jpg

I think this is a great balance between suburban and urban living; all mixed up into one community.
If we built more of this across the region, on our underutilized land, we wouldn't have a housing problem.

So finally made it back to Brightwater after 4 months.

Short video of the site:

DJI_0465.JPG

DJI_0470.JPG

DJI_0471.JPG

DJI_0474.JPG
DJI_0487.JPG

I think this is the first time I can remember seeing a development start building construction prior to at least roughing in road connections. It's odd, usually subdivision approvals allow roads and servicing construction in advance of building permits.

Back to Brightwater today but the winds were stronger than I expected and what was forecast so it negatively impacted my photo plan.
DJI_0692.JPG

Sewer work underway at the south end of the site. South parking lot of the park has been closed for well over a month with no work occurring there so I don't know what is happening in that area.
DJI_0693.JPG
DJI_0694.JPG

DJI_0700.JPG

It looks like they might preparing for shoring work on the building north of Bridge House
DJI_0712.JPG

DJI_0709.JPG

DJI_0710.JPG
DJI_0718.JPG
DJI_0717.JPG

I was fighting the wind on these videos so they aren't the greatest but someone might find something of value:

June 8th

DJI_0390.JPG

DJI_0401.JPG
DJI_0403.JPG

Looks like shoring almost completed for the next building.
DJI_0414.JPG
DJI_0418.JPG
DJI_0422.JPG
DJI_0409.JPG

June 26-I will also post some photos of the actual buildings in the other thread Brightwater 1 and 2 thread..
DJI_0439.JPG
DJI_0445.JPG
DJI_0452.JPG
DJI_0453.JPG

Back