Toronto BLVD Q | 43.05m | 10s | Mattamy Homes | TACT Architecture

It’s too bad they couldn’t have brought some of those curves too the other side but it’s still not a bad Proposal.

A report forthcoming to the next Etobicoke-York Community Council Meeting on January 8th seeks support for staff to oppose this at LPAT.

Report link here:

From said report:

The proposed development is not consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement (2020) and does not conform with the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (2020). This report reviews and recommends refusal of the application in its current form with respect to the proposed building typology, building height, massing and density. The proposed building height and density are not in keeping with the existing or planned context for the Avenues area along The Queensway as identified in Official Plan policies, The Queensway Avenue Study, the implementing Zoning By-law nor the Queensway Design Guidelines and Streetscape Improvements

Given the consensus here seem to be that this is a pretty decent proposal; I'm inclined to disagree w/staff here; though the report is worth a read in terms of some of the detailed concerns.

holy shit what is wrong with the city

this is smaller than other stuff in the area and it needs to continue to be revitalized, not stopped half way

This one is chopped down to 10s

Settlement offer is on the table at next week's City Council Meeting:

Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-174176.pdf

From link:

1639161690914.png

1639161778244.png

1639161797997.png

Additional link here (background report) with excerpt below: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-174154.pdf

1639162112945.png

1639162136388.png

This one is chopped down to 10s

Settlement offer is on the table at next week's City Council Meeting:

Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-174176.pdf

From link:

Additional link here (background report) with excerpt below: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/m

I have what is perhaps a bit of a silly question here, for some of the more knowledgeable forum members. These renderings seem to show a 5-6 story building at 929 The Queensway (the area directly on the South West corner of the Canmotor and Queensway intersection), where there is currently a one story Dentistry office. I had understood that this property was not part of the scope of this project, as the developer didn't want to acquire it though the City wanted them to. Should we take this rendering to mean something is in the works for that property?

Last edited:
I have what is perhaps bit of what is perhaps a silly question here, for some of the more knowledgeable forum members. These renderings seem to show a 5-6 story building at 929 The Queensway (the area directly on the South East corner of the Islington and Queensway intersection), where there is currently a one story Dentistry office. I had understood that this property was not part of the scope of this project, as the developer didn't want to acquire it though the City wanted them to. Should we take this rendering to mean something is in the works for that property?

Not a silly question! Always feel free to ask.

The render (or massing plan) you see above is meant to illustrate how this proposal would relate to the site at 929 were the latter built out. (helps illustrate potential separation distances etc.)

While it's certainly possible that a developer may be eyeing 929; there is currently no application filed on this site.
There is no indication I can see that the site is being lobbied on at this time either.

Those don't guarantee that something is not in the works; but I think it would be fair to say evidence is scant of anything on the immediate horizon.

However, I would certainly take the view that anything 1s in this area of The Queensway is more than likely to be redeveloped wherever site conditions permit; but probably not just yet, on this spot.

This site is a bit constrained by the neighbouring development (only ~9,000ft2) but that still may be viable subject to any separation distance issues.

New renderings are updated in the database! The project information is also updated. The overall building height decreased from 58.52m to 41.33m. Storey count dropped from 16 storeys to 10 storeys. The total unit count decreased from 227 units to 210 units. Finally, the total parking space decreased from 238 parking spaces to 193 parking spaces.

The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 13  2022-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 13  2022-5.jpg

Attachments

• PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 13  2022-3.jpg
    PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 13 2022-3.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 55
Queensway Condo Units? Now there's a poetic marketing name…

Back