Burlington Aldershot Greenhouses Redevelopment | ?m | 8s | Branthaven Homes

ben.thebean1

Member Bio
Reaction score
1097-1135 Gallagher Road in Burlington, currently 2 large greenhouses "Aldershot Greenhouses Ltd" is set to be redeveloped by Branthaven and is currently in the pre-application phase. Access to the site will be from Gallagher Rd and Enfield Rd (pictured below).

The proposed redevelopment is mainly townhomes, with 83 rear-lane and 52 back-to-back proposed. Each townhome will have 2 parking spaces: a driveway and a single-car garage.
The proposal also includes an 8-storey building with 366 units, as well as an underground parking garage with 453 spaces including 70 visitor spaces for the entire development.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 133341.png

The site is adjacent to Aldershot Park and Grove Park.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 133450.png

On a more personal note, I would really like to see a multi-use path along the train tracks for a more direct connection to the GO station, although I'm unsure about the ownership of the triangular lot between the south parking lot and Grove Park. As it sits right now, the most direct route is 1.5 kilometres from the west side of the lot to the station building. A path would cut that distance to 350 metres, and would be useful for a large portion of the existing neighbourhood to the east as well from the connection to Enfield.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 134138.png

https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/current-development-projects/1097-1135-gallagher-rd.aspx

As always I will keep an eye on this and pull renderings when they are submitted

Back