Barrie 989 Yonge Street | 37m | 12s | ASA Development | srm Architects

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Pla...evelopments/Ward9/Pages/989-Yonge-Street.aspx

Type of ApplicationDate Application Deemed CompleteStatus
Zoning By-law Amendment
Exemption from Plan of Condominium
Site Plan Control
April 8, 2020
April 8, 2020
Approved
Under Review
Pending Submission

Not sure it's a good idea redeveloping agricultural land. There's plenty of low rise to intensify instead.

Address says 989 which is across from Barrie South GO, but the docs show a parcel down the road.

"The Jones Consulting Group, on behalf of ASA Development Inc., has applied for an Exemption from Plan of Condominium and Zoning By-law Amendment to amend the current zoning of the property from Agricultural General (AG) to Neighbourhood Mixed Use (NMU). The effect of the applications would be to permit the future development of the lands for 60 townhouse units, 4 mixed-use residential and commercial buildings with approximately 1,218 residential condominium units and 3,000m2 of commercial space, ranging in height from 3 to 12 storeys."

Urbanity: when the road has more lanes than your building floors. 🤔Reminds me of the new midrise blocks in Oakville across farmers' fields. Arch plans:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

Streetview:

10.JPG

Back