Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

The cobalt towers have sorta become the new landmark - although id prefer to see something aggressively tall and impressive to go where the city center is to be the new center.

Hamilton desperately needs a new signature / iconic tower that towers above the rest.

(Pier 8 and Francis Ave towers don't count in my eyes)

Would be very cool, but man... with the state of downtown Hamilton and the volume of homeless/vagrants/lost people, I am struggling to see who would want to live there.

Today:
1000006360.jpg

Hamilton desperately needs a new signature / iconic tower that towers above the rest.

(Pier 8 and Francis Ave towers don't count in my eyes)
The former Hamilton City Centre really needs to be that spot. Instead it's sitting there decaying waiting on a set of generic 30 storey condos. And if they stayed on the original Copps reno idea then that disaster of a mid-late 20th century "urban renewal" block might have been seeing an upturn, but that entire damn blight of a block needs a master plan.

The former Hamilton City Centre really needs to be that spot. Instead it's sitting there decaying waiting on a set of generic 30 storey condos. And if they stayed on the original Copps reno idea then that disaster of a mid-late 20th century "urban renewal" block might have been seeing an upturn, but that entire damn blight of a block needs a master plan.
That design has pretty much been torpedoed due to rising costs. Let's see if someone proposes something better and more.. worthy.. putting condos in this spot.. while I wouldn't say it's a waste.. but it doesn't do the spot justice. They bulldozed like 5 city blocks for this monstrosity they call jackson square, at least have something there that makes it feel it was all worthwhile.

Back