Mississauga 70 Park Street East | 131.3m | 38s | Dream | Arcadis

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
There goes the neighborhood with the NIMBY folks crying over the tall towers on their way for the area.

This will be an 38 story apartment building with retail and Day Care at grade level for 530 units and 8 levels of parking for 610 cars.

This is where the 4 level parking structure is across from the GO Station. Long over due to be torn down and replace with residents

There goes the neighborhood with the NIMBY folks crying over the tall towers on their way for the area.

This will be an 38 story apartment building with retail and Day Care at grade level for 530 units and 8 levels of parking for 610 cars.

This is where the 4 level parking structure is across from the GO Station. Long over due to be torn down and replace with residents

This is immediately behind (and part of the property of) 70 Park St. East, which currently has a 27s apartment building on it. I don't see this as a huge NIMBY issue, though you would know that 'hood better than I.

This is the parking garage in question:

1676066410278.png

The garage footprint is a bit over 25,000ft2

There's actually only one single-family home left in this block:

1676066577731.png

Been expecting it for over a decade and its taller than what I thought it would be at.
Feb 10
133A7068.JPG
133A7069a.JPG
133A7070a.JPG
133A7085.JPG
133A7086.JPG
133A7087.JPG

Good to see the parking lot go. But is it just me or is this design a bit of a mish-mash? The bottom levels look like PC from the 60's, and the upper storey's are trying to look like an addiitonal 30 stories added on after the fact?
I have to (mostly) disagree on that one. I think it's quite visually striking, and the sawtooth element makes it somewhat cohesive. The split between the podium and the tower keeps the eyes down for a better human scale on the street.
That being said, I do very much understand your viewpoint there.

Hopefully this project gets less NIMBY resistance than the two-tower project one block east. I believe this proposal is further away from low-rise residential. It's also a tad shorter than the other project.

It looks like the designer crammed 5 design ideas into one building. rendering looks like first yr university project.

Yup, this. IBI going full KirKor.

This is the design philosophy that says if you can't design any one building well, try designing several and combining them.

Last edited:
I'm very partial to those brick arches. They should just extend that style to the entire podium.

That would be a good start. Compress at least 3 different styles across the podium into one.

I could also go for extending the current mid-podium brick design all the way up/down the podium, either would do, just pick one.

The tower is also at least 2 different styles, and sharp/jagged angled balconies are not working for me at all. The straight rectilinear ones are offensively dull in comparison. Re-think required.

Back