Toronto 7-17 Nipigon | 170.15m | 50s | Arkfield | DIALOG

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Located on Nipigon Ave, just east of Yonge Street, one block south of Steeles Ave:

test-02.jpg
test-04.jpg

No sign of this on the public facing side of the AIC as yet.

Someone on here said that they felt that VMC was going to be larger than NYCC but after looking at the number of existing buildings plus the proposals I think that it has a ways to go.

Looks like 55-58 floors on this one... big crown too. Might reach 200 metres.

Edit... Upon closer inspection, it looks more like around 52-53 floors, so maybe 180-190 metres...

Last edited:
Russians fleeing Putin are going to love this!
what?

Someone on here said that they felt that VMC was going to be larger than NYCC but after looking at the number of existing buildings plus the proposals I think that it has a ways to go.
IIRC VMC is still ahead with 33-35k units proposed. Yonge and Steeles is at 25k proposals right now by my count.

what?

IIRC VMC is still ahead with 33-35k units proposed. Yonge and Steeles is at 25k proposals right now by my count.
I should have been more clear lol! The Russian community in the GTA is centred around Bathurst and Steeles and radiates out from there. Many of the purchasers/renters in this project’s neighbourhood are from the former USSR. The map below uses 2016 data but is still useful.
IMG_4240.jpeg
When I made the comparison to VMC I was considering Yonge and Steeles as the northern end of NYCC.

I believe Yonge and Steeles is more Persian/east Asian. And eastern Europeans often aren't fond of new people moving in if you know what I mean lol.

Application for this one is into the AIC:

Attn: @Art Tsai

Architect : Dialog (ugh)

Height: 50s / 163.65M (+MPH)

1702319507767.png

The close-up on the above is worrying, spandrel city:

1702320225220.png

1702320270175.png

Tower:

1702320350413.png

1702320379203.png

1702319565688.png

Site Plan:

1702319685969.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1702319752477.png

Parking Ratio: 0.12

Elevator Ratio: 6 elevators / 620 units or 0.97 elevators per 100 units

Comments:

Ample asks, if not not approvals for similar heights in the area; unless the City upsets the apple cart big time, I see the height as likely to pass muster.

I haven't read the wind study, but that looks like a lot of sheer height w/minimal setbacks, and I'm not sure the massing makes sense to me.

Parking and elevator ratios are reasonable.

June 5, 2024 Update:

Arkfield Completes Final Transaction for Land Assembly in Toronto, Ontario​

TORONTO, June 5, 2024 /CNW/ - Arkfield announced it has acquired the final parcel of land, completing the land assembly for Nipigon Tower, a high-rise residential condominium in Toronto. The property is strategically positioned in the bustling Yonge Steele node, steps away from the planned TTC subway expansion of line 1.

With Centrepoint Mall and an array of renowned retailers in walking distance, Nipigon will offer residents seamless access to a plethora of amenities. Nipigon solidifies Arkfield's foothold in North York, complementing existing condominium projects such as 6080 Yonge and Churchill on Yonge.

About Arkfield:

Arkfield is an integrated real estate group that owns, operates, and develops commercial and residential assets across Ontario. Arkfield actively manages its investments to deliver superior results on a risk-adjusted basis. Arkfield's real estate portfolio totals over 4.3 million square feet of residential density with an estimated completion value of $4.5 billion.

@AHK 's post above had me looking the AIC, what appears to be a fairly technical/minor resubmission happened here in March. @Paclo may wish to take a peek.

Application for this one is into the AIC:

Attn: @Art Tsai

Architect : Dialog (ugh)

Height: 50s / 163.65M (+MPH)

View attachment 526344

The close-up on the above is worrying, spandrel city:

View attachment 526355

View attachment 526356

Tower:

View attachment 526359

View attachment 526361

View attachment 526345

Site Plan:

View attachment 526346

Ground Floor Plan:

View attachment 526347

Parking Ratio: 0.12

Elevator Ratio: 6 elevators / 620 units or 0.97 elevators per 100 units

Comments:

Ample asks, if not not approvals for similar heights in the area; unless the City upsets the apple cart big time, I see the height as likely to pass muster.

I haven't read the wind study, but that looks like a lot of sheer height w/minimal setbacks, and I'm not sure the massing makes sense to me.

Parking and elevator ratios are reasonable.
Thoroughly trashy. When will the powers-that-be muster up enough pride and dignity to ban the likes of G+C and DIALOG from inflicting further aesthetic and civic abuse on our supposedly "world-class" city?

Could be the most beautiful tower in the world. That doesn't change the specs. 620 units, 40,000 square metres, 17.1 lot coverage up at Yonge and Steeles is not world class. It's herding people into pens

Back