Cambridge 581-595 Langs Drive | 27.7m | 7s | Region of Waterloo | Arcadis

trinavu

Member Bio
Reaction score
A 7-storey mixed-use affordable rental and community centre designed by IBI Group for The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, on the north side of Langs Drive, east of Concession Road, west of Walter Street in Lang's Farm, Cambridge.

Renderings from submission package.
4_Architectural-Package-7.jpg
4_Architectural-Package-349.jpg
4_Architectural-Package-350.jpg
4_Architectural-Package-351.jpg

May I ask how you are going to help those of us who live behind the construction site? I am sound/scent/light sensitive and I'm scared beyond belief about this. Will you be putting up more than a basic fence to help me survive this? I'm 90% bed bound and live in rent geared to income...I can't just pick up at move. I'm at your mercy. Perhaps in the long run this is a good thing (though my perfect patch of tranquility and sun will be turned into a world of pain and permanent shadows. My heart is aching with fear and sadness...I can't stop this, I won't fight this, but I BEG you to PLEASE do your part to help with sound and dust mitigation? When does this start? What should I expect? I will need your help in this <3
Sincerely and Scared,
Ms CJ Janzen

May I ask how you are going to help those of us who live behind the construction site? I am sound/scent/light sensitive and I'm scared beyond belief about this. Will you be putting up more than a basic fence to help me survive this? I'm 90% bed bound and live in rent geared to income...I can't just pick up at move. I'm at your mercy. Perhaps in the long run this is a good thing (though my perfect patch of tranquility and sun will be turned into a world of pain and permanent shadows. My heart is aching with fear and sadness...I can't stop this, I won't fight this, but I BEG you to PLEASE do your part to help with sound and dust mitigation? When does this start? What should I expect? I will need your help in this <3
Sincerely and Scared,
Ms CJ Janzen
Sorry to hear of your situation Ms Janzen, but we are the wrong people to contact. We do not represent the builder, we merely follow development in Southern Ontario. You should probably contact your local City Councillor in Cambridge to let them know of your concerns, and they may be able to advocate on your behalf with the developer/builder.

Back