Toronto 550 Adelaide West | 58.83m | 16s | Allied | BDP Quadrangle

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"Application to Amend the Zoning By-law to permit the redevelopment of the site at 555 Richmond Street West and 550 Adelaide Street West. The existing 12-storey office building fronting Richmond Street will be retained and a new 16-storey residential rental building with retail uses on the ground floor fronting Adelaide Street West is proposed. This development proposal comprises Phase 2 of a larger master-planned development which also includes the sites at 141 - 161 Bathurst Street and 579-591 Richmond Street West (Phase 1). The phase 1 and phase 2 development proposals are being reviewed concurrently. Please see Application No. 21- 172654 STE 10 OZ."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=tW7tmaIMmyGXFt0lKtdspw==

Photos taken from Architectural Plan:

pJXf0itsMh.jpeg

I like the Adelaide building, has a bit of a playful vibe with the multi-coloured and irregular window treatments

Site Plan Approval application filed:

555 RICHMOND ST W
Ward 10: Spadina-Fort York

Proposal for the site municipally known as 555 Richmond Street West, in support of a proposed mixed-use residential building. The proposed development will have a municipal address of 550 Adelaide Street West, so that the site once developed, will possess two municipal addresses: 555 Richmond Street West (the existing commercial building) and 550 Adelaide Street West (the proposed residential building), collectively the, (Site)1.

My brother bought a unit at the Musee Condos across the street. As a small-time property manager, I could be in this area more often to check out development sites like this one in the future.

Really wish that self-storage bunker would go...
The Apple Self Storage property has been for sale for a long time. I don’t remember how much they are asking for it but it seems that they are in no rush to sell and waiting for the right offer. They are are doing good business especially given the proliferation of new condos in the area.

Back