Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
50 Creighton Rd - A proposed 11-Storey condominiums with 168 units in Dundas

IMG_2516.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2513.jpeg

This is a ridiculous proposal. Build this on a flood plain? Condo owners are going to have to spend a fortune when the building sinks and cracks.

Height = 40.53m

"The proposed development is to demolish the existing building and to construct a 12-storey residential condominium with 168 dwelling units, 204 parking spaces (62 above ground spaces and 142 underground spaces), 124 bicycle spaces, 205 lockers, and 726 m² of rooftop amenity space."

53487036038_c9af2d4fd1_z.jpg

Architectural DRawings
Applicant Summary

Applicant Name: Arcadis Professional Services (Canada) Inc. (“Arcadis”) c/o Ritee Haider

Architect: KNYMH Architecture

Discussed above, this one is indeed within the regulatory floodplain:

1706209858121.png

Source: https://maps2.camaps.ca/GVH/Index.html?viewerConfigUri=https://maps2.camaps.ca/GVH/Index.html?configBase=https://maps2.camaps.ca/Geocortex/Essentials/REST/sites/HRCA_public/viewers/Reg_Map_Tool/virtualdirectory/Resources/Config/Default

Looking at the drawings, I note:

- No residential on the ground or second floors, that's clearly a flood mitigation strategy.

- They do have some underground parking though (as well as above grade)

-- I don't know what Hamilton's CA allows, in Toronto it would be nearly impossible to get this built today by TRCA regulation.

Placement of new build relative to established grade:

1706210293989.png

Last edited:
Spectator articleThis article from Hamilton Spectator provides some of the feedback from the application review.

Fascinating, this has gotten this far w/o geomorphology, without a current topographical survey, mapping flood risk and a host of other things that would normally be done at the very beginning of a proposal like this. If this gets through, it seems likely that it will be materially altered.

Fascinating, this has gotten this far w/o geomorphology, without a current topographical survey, mapping flood risk and a host of other things that would normally be done at the very beginning of a proposal like this. If this gets through, it seems likely that it will be materially altered.
I agree, not sure how they have got this far. I understand developers are at the stage of requesting change in zoning. The public is not very well informed either. I believe there was a list of about 13 studies the developers needed to do but the Public is not privy to the results apparently.
Can I ask what the CA stands for for? I'm sure it's not chartered accountant lol

I agree, not sure how they have got this far. I understand developers are at the stage of requesting change in zoning. The public is not very well informed either. I believe there was a list of about 13 studies the developers needed to do but the Public is not privy to the results apparently.
Can I ask what the CA stands for for? I'm sure it's not chartered accountant lol

You can, and in this context, its Conservation Authority.

They will be chief arbiters on flood and erosion risks.

Back