Toronto 3750 Bathurst | 106.5m | 32s | Grmada Holdings | WZMH

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

3750 BATHURST ST
Ward 6: York Centre

Rezoning Application to permit a mixed-use development consisting of an 11-storey mid-rise building and a 30-storey tower which share a 7-storey podium. The total gross floor area of the residential area is approximately 40,278 square metres with 479 residential units, and the building includes 853 square metres of at-grade retail space .The total combined gross floor area of the proposed redevelopment is 41,131 square metres, representing an overall Floor Space Index of 7.93.

bathwil.JPG
bathwil2.JPG
bathwil3.JPG

3750 BATHURST ST
Ward 6: York Centre

Rezoning Application to permit a mixed-use development consisting of an 11-storey mid-rise building and a 30-storey tower which share a 7-storey podium. The total gross floor area of the residential area is approximately 40,278 square metres with 479 residential units, and the building includes 853 square metres of at-grade retail space .The total combined gross floor area of the proposed redevelopment is 41,131 square metres, representing an overall Floor Space Index of 7.93.

View attachment 433647View attachment 433648View attachment 433649

@AlbertC scooped me! :O

LOL; and no one else at UT noticed either.

How did this get in under my radar? I swear it wasn't visible when I looked this morning...........

Aha, at the Zoom level I normally use for the AIC Maps, there is only one blue dot in that area, and I thought it was the same building I started the thread for yesterday. You only see that its two different proposals when you zoom!

But I can still add: The aerial pic showing the assembly:

1666216845333.png

The streetview pics:

At the corner of Bathurst/Wilson this is a gas station:

1666216901809.png

Residual Bathurst frontage:

1666216938135.png

Richlieu frontage:

1666216997953.png

A stat. we always watch here is parking ratio.

There will be 128 resident parking spaces (+ 6 visitor), with 479 units for a ratio of: .27

Site Plan:

1666217229043.png

Ground Floor layout:

1666217299053.png

Ha ha! This made me laugh.............the Block Context Plan:

1666217665578.png

Notice the new park on Richlieu? That was a development proposal that I just created a thread for yesterday!

Can already hear the teeth gnashing about this. Sure many will be emailing Pasternak to bemoan the loss of the the cities worst donut selection at a Tim Hortons, and a dusty furniture store.

Can already hear the teeth gnashing about this. Sure many will be emailing Pasternak to bemoan the loss of the the cities worst donut selection at a Tim Hortons, and a dusty furniture store.
Don't worry,... it'll be a while before this Tim Hortons and dusty Furniture Shop are gone,... trust me!

This Grmada Holdings is actually a guy who would cast perfectly as a Russian Mafia Crime Boss (if there's an in-person Community Consultation, I'd go just to see this guy - he's super flashy with a very well appointed black Rolls Royce),... his Modus Operandi is Land-Assembler, submit oversized Development Application, get whatever UpZoning he can at OMB/OLT, and then Flip to real developer,... that's exactly what he did at 53-63 Sheppard West and 62-68 Bogert Ave starting in Summer 2015, UpZoned at OMB/OLT, then Flip in Spring 2020,.. now 7 years after the initial Development Application and all the bungalows are still standing,...

Don't worry,... it'll be a while before this Tim Hortons and dusty Furniture Shop are gone,... trust me!
Maybe some of the NIMBY's will be gone by then. Like clockwork it's "there are too many people here, they should stay where they came from", "why can't they go live near Lake Simcoe", and "too much traffic".

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 12.11.57 AM.png

Slowly coming down, the lights are still on in the former gas station, and Tim's is still serving customers for the time being but I'm sure within the next month there will be much more demolished.

I was just on this section of the street and it is a hidden goldmine! Close to subway, shops west of Allen Road and Yorkdale and basically the entire stretch zoned for high rides. I surprised people didn’t jump on it earlier.

I was just on this section of the street and it is a hidden goldmine! Close to subway, shops west of Allen Road and Yorkdale and basically the entire stretch zoned for high rides. I surprised people didn’t jump on it earlier.
It absolutely is not:

1679058304563.png

While rdaner indeed said "zoned". the reality of Toronto is that basically nothing is zoned for development. What matters more is the official plan designation, which does have a lot of mixed use areas around here which haven't seen a lot of development interest. In the map below, if it isn't purple, green. or yellow, it basically has development potential.

1679059172379.png

While rdaner indeed said "zoned". the reality of Toronto is that basically nothing is zoned for development. What matters more is the official plan designation, which does have a lot of mixed use areas around here which haven't seen a lot of development interest. In the map below, if it isn't purple, green. or yellow, it basically has development potential.
Prior to very recently-mooted policy changes, you know well, @innsertnamehere, that you propose to shadow Neighbourhoods at your peril!

Demolition of the gas station has begun. I will capture some images of the progress.

The Gas Station is not being demolished due to impending construction of new towers,.... the Development Application only came in last October, it'll take at least 5 years for this to be appealed, then Flipped, then tinkered, then construction begin likely closer to 10 years,...

So what's really going on with the Gas Station? First, due to environmental laws all gas stations are required to change their gas storage tanks about every 20 years or so,... which usually result in rebuild of entire Gas Station. Another possibility is,... Gas Station realizing they won't be here long term, decides not to renew lease when due,....

The Gas Station is not being demolished due to impending construction of new towers,.... the Development Application only came in last October, it'll take at least 5 years for this to be appealed, then Flipped, then tinkered, then construction begin likely closer to 10 years,...

So what's really going on with the Gas Station? First, due to environmental laws all gas stations are required to change their gas storage tanks about every 20 years or so,... which usually result in rebuild of entire Gas Station. Another possibility is,... Gas Station realizing they won't be here long term, decides not to renew lease when due,....
Ya, there isn't much activity on the site daily at all. It's probably going to stay like this for a while.

So demo'd by the attrition of not wanting to bother then... 😾

Back