Toronto 30 Scollard | 231.4m | 61s | Constantine Enterprises | CAL

This has been resubmitted with updated grade level renders. Also included is an acoustic report for the lightwell, which is probably an indication that situation will continue to be a key issue.

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 2.32.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 2.32.43 AM.png

Hmmm,

I'm not immediately clear on what the changes are.

The Cover Letter is not revelatory.

The Penthouse Roof Height in the app is slightly lower (224M) than the listed 230 here, but I didn't get to an MPH height, so there may be no change there; unit count is the same, storey count is the same.

Maybe they're digging in with the belief they can magically win this?

Great, fine-grained critique. I don't quite share your keen sense of disappointment in how it's turning out, as I see these kinds of iterations typical in the process and I've become accustomed to expecting a certain degree of value engineering and real-world mediation to make its stamp in the lengthy process from idea to final realization. And with this particular building, it still looks way cool at the street level - notwithstanding your valid comments that the substitutions as presented here present a bit of a dilution of the original ideas.

...we just might end up with a bargain basement grey spandrel curtain wall tact on at a 60 degree angle in the end here. /sigh

I don't see the updated design as watered down at all. If anything since they've had more time and have made revisions they probably just hammered out some details that were missed in the original render. Like how the diamond sections are connected and how the meet the ground. The original render looked cool but the details didn't look very feasible. Now they look more structural then just a design element. I'm just as happy with the updated look as I was with the last version.

Somebody in charge of approving these things let this one pass. Toronto deserves nice architecture that's not cookie cutter, Vancouver can't get all of Canada's cool designs.

So the developer is not budging with the potential outlined shadow issues @Northern Light here?

There's no new Sun/Shadow study published, so I'm inclined to think the answer is no.

The tower portion up top is quite thin, though directly inline w/the park from the west.

But the podium has fairly large floor plates to the 9th floor (not for a podium), but enough to be an issue with a tiny park immediately to the east.

There's no new Sun/Shadow study published, so I'm inclined to think the answer is no.

The tower portion up top is quite thin, though directly inline w/the park from the west.

But the podium has fairly large floor plates to the 9th floor (not for a podium), but enough to be an issue with a tiny park immediately to the east.

woah a 9-storey podium... :oops:

Back