Toronto 1306 The Queensway | 113.3m | 35s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Pretty substantial development in the works based on the number of units planned for the NW corner of The Queensway & Kipling. Sounds like it could be in the ballpark of twin 40 storey towers. Currently on site are the Volkswagen and Audi dealerships.

1306 THE QUEENSWAY
Ward 03 - Etob. York District

Two proposed residential towers containing a total of 845 units and including retail units at grade.

UT article from 2018 when the property was listed for sale:

1577160251637.png

1577160292698.png

1577160359899.png

At present the western part of the Queensway is automobile city. If the Queensway is densely developed, as it probably should be, I hope they extend the 501 Streetcar tracks west along the Queensway. There are already dedicated tracks along the Queensway from approximately St.Joseph’s Hospital to the Humber loop. At that point the 501 presently dips down to Lake Shore Blvd. Extend the dedicated tracks west along the Queensway to at least Kipling and this development. Street cars could alternate between the two routes.

The Queensway is wide enough for a full LRT configuration, I'd say.

We should really consider this corridor as a corridor for high intensification. Extend Line 2 to Sherway Gardens and have the 501 extend to Sherway in its own ROW. I want to see mid-rises fronting the Queensway gradually increasing toward 50 storey towers along the Gardiner.

(Also would not be opposed to the Ontario Line extending to Sherway along the Queensway if it brings said density)

At present the western part of the Queensway is automobile city. If the Queensway is densely developed, as it probably should be, I hope they extend the 501 Streetcar tracks west along the Queensway. There are already dedicated tracks along the Queensway from approximately St.Joseph’s Hospital to the Humber loop. At that point the 501 presently dips down to Lake Shore Blvd. Extend the dedicated tracks west along the Queensway to at least Kipling and this development. Street cars could alternate between the two routes.
Why not just continue the new Ontario Line from Ontario Place down Lake Shore Blvd by Sunnyside and then up to the Queensway all the way to Sherway Gardens:)
....just saying, Go big or go home , anyways Merry Christmas everyone❤

Last edited:
just wait until the shitty mall across the street gets redeveloped. That’s a huge site.
Just wait until something even worse gets built on it, because some half-baked developer will probably acquire the site and develop a fully encompassed, uninspired "community" a la what Pinnacle is planning just a few kilometres north on Dundas.

Outside of the subway and streetcar lines, it looks like the Queensway is getting up there with Dupont St and Kingston Rd for the most developments being planned along it.

This and many other upcoming proposals along the Queensway corridor just reinforce the need to reconsider the LRT extension..
it was a mistake to shelve it..

Just a correction to the original poster. Currently at this site are Hyundai and Mitsubishi dealerships, not VW and Audi.

KingSett Capital + Giannone Petricone Associates:

- Tower A (31 storeys - 90 m including MPH)
- Tower B (24 storeys)
- Tower C (12 storeys - 43.6 m including MPH)

Updated project description:

To permit a mixed-use development containing 845 dwelling units and retail at grade within one 12-storey building fronting Kipling Avenue, one 31-storey tower (Tower A) on the south-west side of the site and one 24-storey tower (Tower B) connected at the second level on the north-west side of the site. The proposal would have a total gross floor area of 69,340 m², of which 879 m² would be non-residential gross floor area. A new park is proposed on the south-east corner of the site. The existing car dealership on site would be demolished to accomodate the proposal.

1578533355549.png

1578533456518.png

Site Plan:

1578533542348.png

Last edited:
I like the inward curved podium component of the towers along with the corresponding west face of the mid-rise. Reminds me of Flaire Condos at the Shops at Don Mills, which I think looks pretty nice. The towers are alright, with the coloured (purple ?) bits creating some visual interest. But it's not too special, and will come down to material execution.

I'm trying the process the value of having the park at the intersection point, but currently not getting it. If this development was to act as a cornerstone for the future urbanization of the Queensway and maybe someday Kipling, then perhaps having a solid street wall presence would have been more preferable. I'm currently feeling 50:50 about that aspect.

Back