Kitchener 1295 Bleams Road | 40m | 13s | Grandview | Turner Fleischer

ZEBuilder

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a project that has been going on for awhile but since it wasn't the main focus of the ZBA/OPA in 2020 nothing really was known about the residential aspects of this project until now.

The building itself is 13 floors and fronts the Fischer Hallman and Bleams roundabout, the total number of units and the breakdown of units isn't known at this time, when the balance of construction permit is issued it will have the total number of units so we should know in the coming months. The project is directly across Bleams Rd from the 1198 Fischer Hallman and 1200 Fischer Hallman Rd projects. The Foundation/shoring/site servicing permit has been issued and they're currently forming the raft slab.

The developer behind this project is Grandview homes, they haven't been involved in many apartment buildings so this might be a first for them, they have built numerous SFH in the KW and Woodstock area over the years however. I was looking at something for an unrelated project and it does appear that they are planning on building a few other apartments and it looks as if they were involved with the 50 Otterbein project in Kitchener to some degree so it might not be a first for them.

Engineering work for this project was done by MTE Consultants, I do not know to what extent but I know that they are involved with it. MTE has divisions for everything so it is quite possible that they have done the engineering work for the entire project (Geotech, Structural, Site plan etc).

The only rendering available is from the original OPA/ZBA when One Properties were involved, since then One Properties has sold the commercial aspect of the project (Sunfish Plaza) and this building has also grown in height so we really don't know what the building is going to look like.

Render from Fisher Hallman/Bleams:
Screenshot 2024-09-03 105721.png

Back