Toronto 1260 Kennedy | 87.68m | 26s | Dolrob Properties Inc | Icon

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"Rezoning application for a proposed 12 storey mixed-use building. The proposed development contemplates 226 residential units and approximately 556 square metres of commercial space fronting Kennedy Road."

DevApp: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=XHRE8ANHDd6rn+Ipb7HE9Q==

Rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 6  2022-12.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 6  2022-12a.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 6  2022-13.jpg

I wonder if there's any potential for a park in the green strip behind this site running NW from Kennedy to Birchmount.

Site as it is today: (Kennedy just out of frame on the left)

1671465417449.png

Kennedy frontage:

1671465495397.png

Site is located about mid-way between Lawrence and Ellesmere, with its southern boundary being a channelized branch of Highland Creek (the vegetation on the left of the above image is in the creek's corridor)

1671465636993.png
1671465678126.png

In respect of the Creek Branch noted above:

1671465762451.png

Site Plan:

1671466055058.png

Block context plan is interesting in that it envisions intensification along the entire west side of Kennedy here though its its traditional 'furniture district' incarnation, but imagines it remains largely one-storey commercial on the east side.

One precedent application at 9s; otherwise surrounding by little greater than 1storey in height.

1671466268894.png

The orange outlined site is the existing application in process, the red is the subject site.

Site as it is today: (Kennedy just out of frame on the left)

View attachment 446214

Kennedy frontage:

View attachment 446215

Site is located about mid-way between Lawrence and Ellesmere, with its southern boundary being a channelized branch of Highland Creek (the vegetation on the left of the above image is in the creek's corridor)

View attachment 446216View attachment 446217

In respect of the Creek Branch noted above:

View attachment 446218

Site Plan:

View attachment 446219

Block context plan is interesting in that it envisions intensification along the entire west side of Kennedy here though its its traditional 'furniture district' incarnation, but imagines it remains largely one-storey commercial on the east side.

One precedent application at 9s; otherwise surrounding by little greater than 1storey in height.

View attachment 446222

The orange outlined site is the existing application in process, the red is the subject site.
Hello, I am a student at the University of Toronto currently taking a multidisciplinary capstone course researching the current state of the Kennedy BIA and researching ways to improve its vitality. I was wondering if I could possibly get access to the Kennedy segment study that contains the last image with the orange and red site.

Hello, I am a student at the University of Toronto currently taking a multidisciplinary capstone course researching the current state of the Kennedy BIA and researching ways to improve its vitality. I was wondering if I could possibly get access to the Kennedy segment study that contains the last image with the orange and red site.

That image is found in the Block Context Plan.

Follow this link:

Then look under 'supporting documents'.

The Block Context Plan is clearly ID'd there, on the 1st page, just click download and its all yours.

I don't have any other studies for this area.

You might find some additional info in the Planning Rationale Report (same process but you'll have to look at a later page under 'Supporting Documents'.

That image is found in the Block Context Plan.

Follow this link:

Then look under 'supporting documents'.

The Block Context Plan is clearly ID'd there, on the 1st page, just click download and its all yours.

I don't have any other studies for this area.

You might find some additional info in the Planning Rationale Report (same process but you'll have to look at a later page under 'Supporting Documents'.
Thank you so much

Apparently no one wants to hype Julian Mirabelli's front page piece on the changes here..........so I will:

Looking back....at the above post........this took awhile...........

New Render:

1720455066721.png

1720455093503.png

Putting aside the unfortunate architecture here........... As this stands the City should say 'No'. There's no supporting precedent, its not particularly close to transit, its not a highly walkable area, and there is no substantive offer to address community needs. There is a proposal for a community space of some description on the ground floor here.........but that just doesn't cut if for me.

This is beside Highland Creek but does nothing to improve public access to what's here, improve the creek channel (concrete ditch) or add additional parkland. The Planners here say this is beside a park.............uhhh.

Ya mean this entirely fenced off green space with no pathway and no amenities:

1720455347604.png

You can see the creek in this tiny little ditch right next to the site, marked with a red flag:

1720455466416.png

The TRCA can shift this over and there's ample room to create a natural bank on both sides and a multi-use path on one side. It wouldn't be that expensive..........

As this corridor has no access from the north or south as present, only Kennedy and Wye Valley Road, a new access point mid-block on either side would be desirable.
The City should insist on off-site park acquisition here.

Also, no affordable housing commitment! This is not normally the type of site @HousingNowTO would look at, but given the ask here is completely out of step with precedent, I expect it should be a good candidate to offer a material sweetener. Its its not the nature/park stuff, it should be affordable housing (or both, of course)

Back