Toronto 1255 Bay | 143m | 39s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Oh yay, another pedestrian-unfriendly wall of glass at street level. Is there something about Toronto where every architect (except maybe the ones at HPA) hates designing decent pedestrian realms? The whole "box of brick/precast floating on top of glass" doesn't even look good! Just bring the brick/precast to ground level! Or do a different (non-glass) treatment at ground level. Anything but a wall of glass!

Not going to lie The more I pay attention to the site the more I like them maintaining heritage facades I do agree that the wall of glass just feels like you are being watched all the time I like it when you have an old two-story town home with a massive tower above it 🤣

Oh yay, another pedestrian-unfriendly wall of glass at street level. Is there something about Toronto where every architect (except maybe the ones at HPA) hates designing decent pedestrian realms? The whole "box of brick/precast floating on top of glass" doesn't even look good! Just bring the brick/precast to ground level! Or do a different (non-glass) treatment at ground level. Anything but a wall of glass!

Brick and other materials exuding warmth are often verboten! 🥲

Back