Toronto 12-20 Bentworth Avenue | 35.7m | 9s | Dawson Wales | Wallman Architects

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Loyalist Affairs has registered to lobby about a Planning Application for the above properties and client.

This is just off Dufferin (one property site to the west), very near Yorkdale Mall.

The nearby Dufferin-facing properties are all going multi-res.

The assembly in question is the commercial building in the foreground (below) and 2 single family homes to the west:

1682111563165.png

Aerial pic:

1682111684406.png

Above - Dufferin is major street on the right

Site size: ~2600m2/28000ft2

The precedent application (not yet approved, headed to OLT) is 28s to the immediate east. Any development here, I assume would be expected to transition down in height substantially, but I would anticipate at least a midrise ask.

Currently hemmed in by SFH to the north, but I expect that won't be the case for long.

Loyalist Affairs has registered to lobby about a Planning Application for the above properties and client.

This is just off Dufferin (one property site to the west), very near Yorkdale Mall.

The nearby Dufferin-facing properties are all going multi-res.

The assembly in question is the commercial building in the foreground (below) and 2 single family homes to the west:

View attachment 471170

Aerial pic:

View attachment 471173
Above - Dufferin is major street on the right

Site size: ~2600m2/28000ft2

The precedent application (not yet approved, headed to OLT) is 28s to the immediate east. Any development here, I assume would be expected to transition down in height substantially, but I would anticipate at least a midrise ask.

Currently hemmed in by SFH to the north, but I expect that won't be the case for long.

An updated lobbyist registry entry gives us just a hint more info on this one............ the concept is 127 units.

Design by Wallman:

12-14 BENTWORTH AVE

Combined Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment application. The application seeks to demolish the existing low-rise buildings at 12-14, 18, and 20 Bentworth Avenue to permit the development of a mid-rise residential building. Proposal for a 9-storey building (35.7 metres including mechanical penthouse), total residential gross floor area of 8,292.5 m2, a floor space index of 3.14, and containing 136 dwelling units.

bentw5.JPG
bentw4.JPG
bentw3.JPG
bentw2.JPG
bentw.JPG

Those Dufferin RapidTO lanes cannot come fast enough, I can't be bothered to count it all up but between Wilson and the ex there has got to be 3000+ units proposed within spitting distance of Dufferin.

Back