Burlington 1026 Cooke Boulevard | 99.95m | 24s | HSCC 416 | Turner Fleischer

ben.thebean1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pre-application submitted to the City of Burlington for a 29-storey mixed-use tower located on Cooke Boulevard just north of Plains Road in Aldershot, Burlington.

335 residential units, 370sqm ground floor retail. 316 parking spaces for vehicles and 190 for bikes.

Only a (very small) massing rendering is available at this time
Screenshot 2023-09-21 124202.png
Screenshot 2023-09-21 124213.png

Screenshot 2023-09-21 124253.png

https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/c...inium-corporation-no-416-1026-Cooke-Blvd.aspx

As always, I will update with more information as it's released. Pre-app community meeting is scheduled for October 11

Council is under a time crunch to make a decision on a property in Burlington’s Aldershot neighbourhood.

Halton Standard Condominium Corporation submitted an Official Plan and zoning bylaw amendment application for 1026 Cooke Blvd. on Dec. 1, 2023. The review period for these amendments is 120 days, which would require council to make a decision on the property by March 30.

I read this as well and thought it was interesting (and perhaps refreshing) in that the Mayor and other councilors are questioning planning staff on why they are pushing to reduce the height of the building from 29 to 22 stories in an area adjacent to a go train station within the cities defined MTSA. Planning staff had a reasonable argument for the reduction, but whether it should be accepted for a building within the MTSA is another question.

Height increase was approved? back to the original 29 storeys. Here's the updated info from the City of Burlington development page:

• These applications will allow a 29-storey mixed use building on the subject property. The proposed development includes 370 m² of retail on the ground floor fronting Cooke Boulevard, as well as a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom residential units resulting in a total of 335 residential units. A total of 5,918 m² of amenity space (indoor and outdoor) is proposed.
  • Vehicular access is proposed from Cooke Boulevard with one driveway access from the north of the subject property. A total of 318 parking spaces are provided within 4-levels of underground parking and 190 bicycle parking spaces are provided in the underground parking levels and first floor.

Last edited:
Height increase was approved, back to the original 29 storeys. Here's the updated info from the City of Burlington development page:

• These applications will allow a 29-storey mixed use building on the subject property. The proposed development includes 370 m² of retail on the ground floor fronting Cooke Boulevard, as well as a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom residential units resulting in a total of 335 residential units. A total of 5,918 m² of amenity space (indoor and outdoor) is proposed.
  • Vehicular access is proposed from Cooke Boulevard with one driveway access from the north of the subject property. A total of 318 parking spaces are provided within 4-levels of underground parking and 190 bicycle parking spaces are provided in the underground parking levels and first floor.
huh? council issued a decision in March, how have they already revised it to 29?

Also - I love How the Mayor frames a 20% reduction in floors as "hearing the developer" right next to a GO station. I'm sure it'll go as well as Related's application at James and Brant which was chopped from 23 to 18 by Council.. which is absolutely nothing.

huh? council issued a decision in March, how have they already revised it to 29?

Also - I love How the Mayor frames a 20% reduction in floors as "hearing the developer" right next to a GO station. I'm sure it'll go as well as Related's application at James and Brant which was chopped from 23 to 18 by Council.. which is absolutely nothing.
No clue. The official development page was updated and now says 29 storeys.

No clue. The official development page was updated and now says 29 storeys.
I think that's just the original application. Council modified the final by-law to be 24 instead of 29 on the council floor, it wasn't an applicant-led change, which means submission materials haven't changed. The only "update" on the application page would be to change it's status to approved.

It remains approved at 24 storeys as far as I can tell, though I wouldn't be surprised if the applicant appeals the decision in an effort to get their original ask.

Back