402     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 578     0 

Tim Hortons in Cabbagetown

A

Abeja de Almirante

I just noticed on my bike ride last night the new Tim Hortons that replaced the Wincester Hotel in Cabbagetown. That, and the closing of the Coffee Cup (replaced by what looks to be a high grade Vietnamese restaurant) are two IMO great improvements to that area, and to Parliament Street.

Was Coffee Cup a Coffee Time knock-off? (Coffee Times that are no longer Coffee Times, but Coffee Coffee, Coffee Style, Tea Time, etc., are the lowest of the low when it comes to coffee - hang outs, terrible food, and so on).

Tim's has been there for quite some time now.
I thought it might have been. I usually ride my bike from Riverdale only as far as the Prince Edward Viaduct, but thought I'd take run down Parliament, and back across Gerrard and up Broadview.

The Winchester was nicely restored. Original brick back at ground level instead of bad siding. Only the nice sign was removed unfortunately but it fell apart. Tims opened here some time ago.

It was a Coffee Time at Carlton, not a Coffee Cup. It went out of business and another Ginger location is going in there. There are at least 3 other Gingers in the downtown area.

...changin'...

The old saying that 'Cabbagetown does not shop on Parliament' may be slowly becoming obsolete.

Re: ...changin'...

That new bar just south of the Winchester is very good too.

Back