News   Oct 11, 2024
 977     0 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 2.8K     2 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 640     0 

The Madeline (Kingston, 23s, Homestead Land Holdings Ltd., ?)

emphurent

Member Bio
Reaction score
Adding a few additional Kingston projects to map. This rental will be the city's tallest ever, and infills some long lasting holes in the urban fabric.

This project was a long controversial one due to it's scale, and initially didn't receive tribunal permission. In 2022, both parcels received the go ahead from the provincial courts.

Source

1725928436892.png

Both land parcels can be seen here.

1725928981966.png

The building appears to be at pace to top off by years end. (Unrelated: Kingston like Toronto could really use street trees.)

1725929693795.png

Photos from the top of Crown. (Source)

1725928330834.png

1725928347474.png

Last edited:
Interesting, Homestead's now gotten into developing after buying up so many buildings during their buying spree a few years ago.

Last edited:
Woah - that is a huge change for Kingston. Biggest thing since Princess Towers, which must be over 50 years ago now.

BTW, Kingston is a hugely underrated city. It's downtown is far more urban and livable than its population suggests. I loved the three years I spent there.
Spot on - it has a far more vibrant and impressive downtown than any number of other Ontario cities that are far larger, never mind similarly sized ones (it absolutely blows Barrie away, for example), yet nobody ever talks about it. I'm guessing it continually flies under the radar because it's not in the catchment area of any of the major cities it's surrounded by - Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. It's in a beautiful sort of no-man's-land - if you live in Kingston, there's nowhere that you can realistically commute to, so it's forced to be a self-contained ecosystem.

Last edited:

Back