823     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 419     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 327     0 

The Korean Grill House

V

Vladamir KGB

Last weekend a friend took a group of us to a restaurant I had never noticed (I guess it's fairly new) called Korean Grill House. It's on Queen Street near MuchMusic.

This place is quite interesting. There is a grill in the middle of the table, and you cook your own food that they bring to you - beef, chicken, radish, squid, etc.

Yes. it's new and I've been curious about it. How's the food?

I checked out the Korean Grill House a couple of months ago.

It's not bad. Kind of a pain that you have to cook everything yourself...but I guess that's supposed to be what's unique about the place. The thinly sliced beef is amazing. Just make sure you get enough burners for your group because when I went with 3 other people...one burner for the 4 of us took forever (we did eat quite a bit though :D )

They give you plain sticky rice with your meals but I found things a little bland sometimes. Good thing the soya sauce was on hand to add a little flavour.

We weren't really crazy about taking our food off the grill by using the same tongs that were used to place the raw meat on the grill in the first place...so we had a system going to prevent any contamination. I question how many people can potentially get sick by eating here? :eek:

All in all, we would go check it out again although it's definitely not in my top list of restaurants. It's a great value though for the price...especially during lunch. Service was pretty good too. Worth a visit.

Yah the Korean BBQ All-You-Can-Eat on Queen Street is quite good, i think it was even on the Toronto Life magazine cover a few months ago.

Chinese LOVe going to Korean Barbeque... there are quite a few of these Korean BBQ restaurants up on Highway 7. It's definitely not new for Asians, but for non-Asians this is a MUST GO.... it's amazing food, amazing fun.

It's not bad. Kind of a pain that you have to cook everything yourself...but I guess that's supposed to be what's unique about the place.

I should charge people to come into my house and use my kitchen.

There are tons of these places 'uptown' in Richmond Hill, and Markham (as stated by someone else). The one on Queen street is actually associated with one of the bigger chains uptown. This really isn't Korean BBQ - Before I explain - I am Korean desendant but think that it is really good for the price (forgetting that it is being called Korean BBQ). This particular place/style is a chinese style Korean BBQ (kinda like North American style chinese food - no, chicken balls is not authentic). The difference between the chinese stye Korean BBQ is that nothing is marinated - Korean BBQ staple is short ribs + other marinated meat.

Don't get me wrong, it is good, I like the salmon (as I like eating it half raw) which is what I eat most at these places.

If you want really good Korean BBQ, go to Saejon, its on Bloor a couple of blocks west of Honest Eds (near almost the end of Korea Town). Its a little more expensive, but you get really good Korean BBQ, and your own/semi wood sliding door booth. And the wait staff are really nice/friendly (they thought I was chinese cause the people I went with were so) - and no, I do not have any affiliation with the place.

Both are good though!!!!:b

Actually, you guys should eat in Korea Town.
Most places are like 5 bucks, for a rice/beef dish.

Most places may not be as friendly but the food is good and cheap (although, so places I find may try to rip you off by giving you a smaller beef portion).

I like Korean grills, I like Japanese grills, I like Chinese grills, I like all kinds of grills, even though I'm gay.

sounds kind of like the Mongolian Grill. You pick the ingredients you want, and it is cooked right in front of you.

No, its not similiar to mongolian grill. Those places mix many oils and marinates (your chosing) while mixing in alot of veggies - they taste very different.

yes, the first ones popped up in York Region a few years ago...but they've been around the 416 for quite awhile. I say the ones in 905 are not up to par with the ones in Toronto. I also question the overall cleanliness of some of these places.

As for Mongolian Grill, one of the better ones i've been to is in Cambridge ON.

Back