News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 683     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 940     0 

Ten recent condo proposals

Which of these designs do you like? (choose as many as you wish)

• 1000 Bay Street

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 290-294 Adelaide West

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Bisha Hotel and Residences

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Chaz on Charles

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Five

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Library District Condominiums

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • The Mercer

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Pinnacle on Adelaide

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Studio on Richmond

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Yorkville Condominiums

Votes: 43 67.2%

• Total voters

Mongo

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to run a poll on some recent proposals for residential high rises, so here are ten recent proposals. Note that I am asking for reactions to the exterior, I would not expect you to live in them.

You may choose more than one answer.

1000 Bay St.
Hilton-Garden-Inn-_300_.jpg

290-294 Adelaide West
ScreenShot045.jpg

Bisha Hotel and Residences
BishaExteriorOverall1024.jpg

Chaz on Charles
ChazOverall1125.jpg

Five
5stjosephs.JPG

Library District Condominiums
Library_render.jpg

The Mercer
TheMercerDusk.jpg

Pinnacle on Adelaide
PinAdelaideRendering.jpg

Studio on Richmond
StudioARCVCam03Landscaped06.jpg

Yorkville Condominiums
YorkvilleResidencesRend.jpg

Last edited:
Five is my favourite of these. I also quite like Studio and Yorkville. The rest are pretty much "meh", though I would like to see a better render of 290 Adelaide as it looks promising.

Tough choices, they all look pretty good, but all variations on a theme.....I also like Bisha, think it will be very imposing, also like Studio except for the schizophrenic podium, and also actually like the look of the Library Condo, very classic style, wish it was a little taller....

Five looks great, and the latest Yorkville one will be a stunner if it turns out like the render....

The only one I can't get a hold of is Chaz - it could either be a disaster, or possibly the best of all of them...

I'm going to have to go with Yorkville as it stopped me in my tracks and will add another nice piece of flair to the increasingly interesting Midtown skyline (too bad it wasn't about 20+ stories taller).

Close second would be Bisha (which is probably the most elegant of the buildings) and Five in a not too distant third.

New Poll

Which of these projects will actually survive the ongoing market correction and get built?

My money is on Library.

Bisha, Five, Mercer and Yorkville. I like the bottom third of the Pinnacle on Adelaide rendering but I don't trust them.

Yorkville Condos is the most distinctive on this list. The copper fins are unique, but I am concerned it will look dated quickly.
I really love the brick podiums of Bisha and Five -- it has nice scale.

bisha
five
yorkville
I also like library which is understated yet elegant.
chaz looks very intriguing, need to see more angles.

Back