News   May 03, 2024
 628     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 300     0 

St Thomas Street

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
This little street is shaping up as one of the world's premium locations in terms of residential real estate. I would include the following as essentially St Thomas Street:

West side: 28 St Thomas, Windsor Arms, The St Thomas (Minto)
East side: 1 St Thomas, Sultan bookstore townhouses to be redeveloped by Lee
South end: 77 Charles West
North end: 10 Bellair

The question is how they will all fit together as the styles are eclectic.

Landscaping...

One option could be for a unified swanky-ish landscaping program...lamps, benches, sidewalks, to signify the Sultan-St Thomas area. Now for the next question...who will pay for it. What do wealty socialites do best? (besides get loaded)... raise money for a cause ;)

Do you have any further info on the Sultan Street townhomes? I googled it and couldn't find anything. I'm in Vancouver (Torontonian at heart, still) so I have no access to signs on the street, etc ;).

-Craig

I dont know much about th townhomes at all, except that Lee Developments own them aswell (or so I've heard). I assume the plan is to revelopment them into high end residences whereas right now they are sort of a mixed bag of proffessional offices as well as a bookstore specializing in theatre.
I would have to assume the city would not allow that to proceed until the other projects are complete for reasons of congestion.

Does anyone know what the deal is the residences at 2 Sultan Street? Is this a co-op, apartment, condo conversion? Any information is appreciated.

Does anyone know what the deal is the residences at 2 Sultan Street? Is this a co-op, apartment, condo conversion? Any information is appreciated.

I know it's a co-op, from architecture firm Coon & Sons, who also designed the University Apartments building around the corner, as well as Stollery's at Yonge & Bloor. Otherwise, they primarily did schools.

I've always found St. Thomas Street to be a very calm, cozy street tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Bloor Street. The mix between old and new will be interesting indeed.

Back